Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very useful link for PC gamers..

Options
  • 23-11-2004 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭

Windows XP Game Advisor:

One of the most useful links i've seen in a long time!

Sometimes minimum / recommended specs on games websites can be misleading. And also, a lot of amateur users are confused when buying PC games that the chosen game will run well on their PC. Especially as the return policy on PC games have gotten very strict.

This website checks the specs of your current system against the specs of some PC games out there. The first time you check against a game - you will be required to download an ActiveX control. After that brief one-time installation, The check will inform you if your system is sufficient to play the chosen game.

Example (comparing my system against RollerCoaster Tycoon 3):

rct.JPG

However, there's only a small category of games so far to check against. But most of the games to check against are the most popular ones available (such as 'Half Life 2', 'The Sims 2', 'RollerCoaster Tycoon 3' etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Was posted a few months ago afaik.
    I love the BUY NOW! button.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

taking nigh on 15 minutes just to open...normal? or is it flat out?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doesn't sound right... opens straight away for me!

Downloading of the ActiveX control may take a minute or two but it should be pretty fast nonetheless.

EDIT: Also, make sure you can download that ActiveX control - Service Pack 2 disables downloading of ActiveX controls automatically. Look for a yellow bar underneath your address bar asking if you want to install it.

What browser you using basquille?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What browser you using basquille?
    The wonderful (!!) Internet Explorer... :)

EDIT: If it's still not working, try opening it from this address: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

• Advertisement

Ah, thats probably why.
    I'm using FF and it wont open for me.

Advertisement