Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which free phone to get?

Options
  • 23-11-2004 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I bought an O2 mobile in August. At the time they were doing their "Christmas Comes Early" promotion which entitles me to a free phone at the end of November.

I got the letter today offering me either a
    Siemens C65 or a Nokia 3200 .

I was looking at a few reviews and the Nokia was getting the slightly better scores.

What would you recommend I get. The Nokia makes sense but it I think it's one of the ugliest phones they've brought out. I know the cover(inlay) can be changed but I doubt it'll make that much difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

well if your goin for looks go for the siemens but i havent heard much about the fone.
    The 3200 is your run of the mill nokia but tbh,i cant stand the phone,my lil bro has it and the ringer quality is gash and the screen is tiny but check out the siemens and see how you go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Siemens always have yucky navigation systems I find but no menu system would be easily navigated by the button layout on the 3200.
    The screen on the 3200 is tiny and is very washed out looking i find. The siemens can support a higher amount of colours as far as I know. I don't know what the 3200's photo quality is because any photo's I have seen taken from the camera have been shown on the screen and it will always look crap on that screen. As I already said the button lay out is so tripe, if you are a guy with guy hands then expect hell in trying to manouvere your hands across it. Its made for girly hands I would think.
    Go for the Siemens, the ergonomics of it are better and the screen quality is much better.

Also I thought a Sony Ericsson T630 was going to be offered aswell? If it is definitely get that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I am a Nokia fan, but I absolutely HATE the 3200 and you cant give the damn things away any more

As D-Generate says, if there is a T630, take it and the hand and arm and all!!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i have a t630,
    fantastic phone,brilliant screen and camera,good menus,with bluetooth and infra red,
    Q. what other phone is available with these features for the price of the t630
    A. certainly not from nokia
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

the 3200 is one of the worst nokia phones ever made.
    because of the casing, pics from it look like they have been taken thru a fish bowl.
    the phone itself is the very basic model.
    as wolfy said, you cannot *give* them away anymore.

as for the seimens, never tried it, but i tend not to like the shape of their fones, and again, the camera quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I agree with the T630 comments. That's the phone I bought at the time of the offer :)

If they were giving that for free I'd defenitly get one. I'd try and get a white one to go with the black.

At the time of the offer one of the phones listed was a Motorola flip phone or an O2 branded phone or something. These were subject to change which is unfortunate now the 3200 is there instead.

Probably go for the Siemens. They are both from their €99 speakeasy range so I might see if they'll let me have another phone from the same range.

Thanks for the replys. Glad other share my hatred of the 3200 :)

Advertisement