Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why cant i send email from MS Outlook suddenly?!

• 23-11-2004 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hey,
    turned on the computer today and i have a strange error when trying to send email in outlook, which i have never seen before
    i have an eircom email, and i've succesfully sent emails from eircom.net, so i know its not an account error...anyway, i send an email in outlook, it goes into the sent box, and immediately i get the following reply:

[attached pic]

(oh, abviously the recipient doesnt receive email)

anyone know whats wrong or what to do?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Your pic failed. Perhaps you should just type the error in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

sorry, here's the pic
    try opening in ms paint or windows picture viewer if its too small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Looks like Eircom are having trouble with their external SMTP servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

You need to configure an Esat SMTP server rather than an Eircom one (I can see from the IP address that you're an Esat DSL user) - looks like Eircom have shut a door which shouldn't have been open in the first place (i.e. letting people from other ISPs use their mail servers)
    You can still use your @eircom.net address and pop your mail off Eircom's mail servers as before.

Advertisement