Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDF to Word?

• 23-11-2004 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anybody know of a free pdf -> word program?

Or anyway of converting a pdf file to a word document?

The pdf is normally made up of images and it needs to be automatic so I can't just copy and paste images.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

www.solidpdf.com will give a 15 day trial

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Do you want OCR to extract the text ?
    or do you just want the images in Word ?

You could use pdfcreator to generate tiff's or jpg's from the pdf's and then use OCR (office 2003 has an add on for this that exports to word) to read them, or someone may know a word macro to insert image files into word..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 daibhad

Well it's for the marketing people at work, so I think "OCR" might confuse them :P

I'l have a look at that program and pdfwriter.

Anymore ideas, keep them coming.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

I remember there is a really simple way of doing this(but I can't remember) without software in much
    the same way, but found a link that has a free app should work the same way
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/File_Maintenance_and_Repair_Utilities/AcroPDF.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The images will be copied to the word doc as images unless you use OCR to do it. Either use a app like in the link about or you can script it using Javascript and VBA. But its not easy to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Have the images been scanned and then converted to a PDF ? or was it originally a word doc inc images converted ?

Advertisement