Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLF - Guitar and Drum

Options
  • 23-11-2004 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

What do you think of this album? When I first bought it I thought it was ok... not as brilliant as Inflammable Material so I listened for awhile and then put it aside. Recently I started listening to it again and there are some really great songs on it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

dont have it... worth buying or will copying suffice?

got hanx the other day tho... johnny was is amazin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Buying/copying .... it's all good. Check out the song "Strummerville". It's a tribute to Joe Strummer and probably the best song on the album.
    Hanx is a live album isn't it? The live version of Johnny Was on "No Sleep Til Belfast" is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It's a good album. Probably better than I was expecting. Haven't listened to it in a while now. About half of the songs are very good. The other half is alright to listen to, but nothing special. They only ever seem to play "Guitar And Drum" and "Strummerville" live from it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

yea, hanx was a live album. i got it with an interview on the end too, twas interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Still, like most punk bands, SLF had one great album, head and shoulders above the rest and then slowly slid into oblivion.

They're playing Dublin in December and I keep hearing people saying "Don't go, you'll only be disappointed when you see them live". But I really want to go.... Anyone here seen the fingers recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Saw them the last three years they played here. Last year wasn't great, but the other two were excellent. It's because they tour non-stop that people say they lose some of their energy or enthusiam. But I've never really noticed that. I put a lot of the crappness of last year down to it being in the Village. Back in TBMC this year, should be good. They always play a nice mixture of new and old. Probably more old stuff (from the first two or three albums) than new.

Advertisement