Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor top-up trick

• 23-11-2004 11:56pm

I found a code which can be used to quickly top up a Meteor phone - has this been mentioned before? Seems to have only been introduced in the last few weeks. I found it by accident because I entered *100# instead of *#100# and got an error saying "The top-up number you entered is incorrect." So I tried it today with a voucher code and it worked.

Enter *100*topup code# (e.g. *100*123456789012#).

This will top up your phone without dialling 1741, hehe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Very handy to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Or you can use the p function to pause, then enter in details...

For example, not sure about Meteor. But on O2, you need to press 1 to top-up your phone.

So, key in 1741p1p<topupcode>... it'll ring 1741 but you don't need to wait to press 1, then press in your code - it'll do it all itself! Somewhat of a timesaver!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

now thats handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 babdub

Handy tips! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

nice one Karsini

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

very handy to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

that's cool thanks!! I hate waiting around listening to that waffle.. just annoying! usually use the text top-up with aib.. sooo handy.. but when the account runs dry.. :rolleyes: don't have a choice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

cool handy to know

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

STAR - HASH - 100 - HASH
    Pay as You Go - check your balance.

STAR - HASH - 101 - HASH
    Check your last call details: cost, duration & number dialled.

STAR - HASH - 102 - HASH
    Check for a time delay on call charges reaching your account.
    (From time to time Pay As You Go customers, may show a negative balance due to time delay)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

can u do this on vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I just do it when I'm at a ATM getting cash or using banking online. I never remember the codes. I have to have them programmed into my phone or I forget them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

coolio_64 wrote:
    can u do this on vodafone?
    Yeah, not sure about the * and # codes but my tip should work the same on Vodafone anyways... i think on Vodafone you need to press 2 after dialing 1741 to progress to the Top-Up process.

So, it should be the following on Vodafone: 1741p2p<topupcode>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 babdub

sharkman wrote:
    STAR - HASH - 100 - HASH
    Pay as You Go - check your balance.

STAR - HASH - 101 - HASH
    Check your last call details: cost, duration & number dialled.

STAR - HASH - 102 - HASH
    Check for a time delay on call charges reaching your account.
    (From time to time Pay As You Go customers, may show a negative balance due to time delay)

Sharkman, sending *#102# returns "unknown operation:*#102#". I use Pay as U Go.

babdub wrote:
    Sharkman, sending *#102# returns "unknown operation:*#102#". I use Pay as U Go.
    I don't think this service code is in use anymore ever since they updated their method of deducting your credit. This used to show you how much you had overspent by but you can no longer have a debit balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Anyone used the AIB Text Topup? It's deadly 'cos you send a text saying TOPUP 10 to a free txt number, confirm your security code and the credit is deducted from your bank account :)

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote:
    Anyone used the AIB Text Topup? It's deadly 'cos you send a text saying TOPUP 10 to a free txt number, confirm your security code and the credit is deducted from your bank account :)
    Yeh I use it...WAY too easy to spend money you hadn't intended on spending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Thread necrophelia is usually ftl, but does anything like this exist anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thread necrophelia is usually ftl, but does anything like this exist anymore?
    Holy crap this is an old thread.

Yes, AIb still have a topup product.

You text "TOPUPXX NUMBER NETWORK" to 50131 where XX is the amount you wish to topup. You need to register your number within your AIB banking for it to recognise requests from it.

You can topup Vodafone / O2 / Meteor using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sorry, completely misread the thread. Thought it started on page 2 lol.

Advertisement