Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG:A - 1x13 - Hot Zone [Spoilers!!]

Options
  • 24-11-2004 12:20am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So anyone catch the latest episode of it? Quite enjoyed it:

Nice to see all five characters got a decent amount of screen time - all too often it's been imbalanced. I let out a brief cheer when they FINALLY said Lt. Forde's first name - Aiden, 'coz well.. my name's Aidan and I've been waiting to hear it onscreen for ages :D (yeah there was an Aidan in SG1 but he wasn't a main character...). Hell even the extras like Carson and the other guy (Rodin?) got just the right pitch on screen. Well done on that.

The loggerhead between Weir and Sheppard was quite interesting. It didn't remind me of O'Neills occasional circumventions - I found Sheppard's more arrogant and potentially divise in the futre. Weir seemed almost hurt by it. Given the title of the finale, maybe we'll see more of this in the future when the military arm subverts the science arm? Weir was grand as she could be and it was nice to see Sheppard, again, being shown to be quite smart. He made a good jump using the naquadah reactor.

McKay is, as ever, fun. His determinatio at the beginning to do things right and not save his own skin was admirable - it's a sign of his character growth. Sure he worried about himself later but that's okay too. He still had enough in him to be impatient about other people questioning his EMP theory.

Forde - got something to do, even if it was being scared. Reminded me, more than anything else, that he's quite young at heart. Shows the kid in him still.

Teyla was fine here. She was calm when she needed to be, just as the diplomat she's made out to be. Her sparring with Sheppard was grand, as long as it doesn't become flirty...

Plot was fine, nothing toooo special. It did lead to a potential cliffhanger - who developed the nanite virus? Why? A new threat or was it the Ancients for some unknown reason? Will it be followed up? Good pieces were that most people acted rationally and hopefully this will continue. So far, to me, the second half of SGA's first season is notably stronger, a little darker, and all the better for it.

What did you think of SG:A - 1x13 - Hot Zone? 6 votes

Superb!
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    33% 2 votes
    Average. I'm going to forget it pretty quickly.
    50% 3 votes
    Poor. I wish I hadn't bothered watching.
    16% 1 vote
    I'd rather watch Andromeda AND Mutant X.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

There's a good chance the Ancients created it because they're right bastards when they want to be. Example: Velona in Season 5's Ascension. It was possibly a last ditch effort by the Ancients to wipe out the Wraith's food supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Thank's for the preview! :D

I have only seen the first 4 episode's so far but you guy's are keeping my interest up! :)

X

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Indeed a good episode
    The virus was develeped in secreat in a computer not networked to the rest of athlantis so we could assume some anchient form of the NID or The Trust.

A very likley therey is the weapon was develped the the rakashi (sp) the rebels in Sg1 who wanted to kill all humans so the goudauld couldent breed. the problem with that therey is thje bio weapi is over 10,000 years earley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Had to close my eyes to get down here without seeing any spoilers, when are these episodes going to be on Sky?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

OK well I can't be too sure when they're airing.

Next week's Sky One SGA episode, on Nov 30th, is 1x08 - "Underground".

So the schedule should be then:

Dec 7th - 1x09 - "Home"
    Dec 14th - 1x10 - "The Storm"

- This is all the US episodes aired so far. The ones posted here recently aired on Canadian TV -

Now assuming they don't take a break the following week...

Dec 21st - 1x11 - "The Eye"

I'll assume there will be nothing on Dec 28th so probably Jan 4th next (again guessing)

Jan 4th - 1x12 - "The Defiant One"
    Jan 11th - 1x13 - "Hot Zone" (which is the one just aired).

Canadian TV is airing 5 new episodes altogether, so there's going to be 2 more episodes appearing in these polls before Christmas....

Hope that helps..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

ixoy wrote:
    OK well I can't be too sure when they're airing.

Next week's Sky One SGA episode, on Nov 30th, is 1x08 - "Underground".

So the schedule should be then:

Dec 7th - 1x09 - "Home"
    Dec 14th - 1x10 - "The Storm"

- This is all the US episodes aired so far. The ones posted here recently aired on Canadian TV -

Now assuming they don't take a break the following week...

Dec 21st - 1x11 - "The Eye"

I'll assume there will be nothing on Dec 28th so probably Jan 4th next (again guessing)

Jan 4th - 1x12 - "The Defiant One"
    Jan 11th - 1x13 - "Hot Zone" (which is the one just aired).

Canadian TV is airing 5 new episodes altogether, so there's going to be 2 more episodes appearing in these polls before Christmas....

Hope that helps..
    thank you generous host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

User45701 wrote:
    Indeed a good episode
    The virus was develeped in secreat in a computer not networked to the rest of athlantis so we could assume some anchient form of the NID or The Trust.

A very likley therey is the weapon was develped the the rakashi (sp) the rebels in Sg1 who wanted to kill all humans so the goudauld couldent breed. the problem with that therey is thje bio weapi is over 10,000 years earley
    Ree'tou or Re'tu... Rakashi? :P

But I agree, it couldn't have been the Ree'tou. Atlantis left Milky Way before the Goa'uld came to power, and thus the Ree'tou wouldn't have wanted to wipe out the Goa'uld.

But if the Ancients created the nanovirus it would be similar to the Ree'tou situation. They (Ancients/Ree'tou) decided that the only way left to defeat their enemy (Wraith/Goa'uld) was to take away the one thing they needed to survive: humans.

Of course it could also be an equally cool new enemy (Like whoever had the ship in Grace)

i wonder when we will get to see the furlings....

i doupt there was a comman emeny between the wraith and the anchients what i want to know is did the asguard not know what was happening to the anchients? would the anchients not tell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Something tells me that the Asguard were nowhere near as advanced as the Ancients 10,000 years ago. The gun created to destroy the replicators is evidence that Thor still cannot comprehend some of what the Ancients once did.

This is speculation, but the Asguard-Ancient relationship may have been somewhat similar to the Human-Asguard relationship now.

it would make allot of sene if that where true

• Advertisement
Advertisement