Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Purchase of the month

Options
  • 02-11-2000 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

apologies (it was a joke should have made that clear)

I got into band like Belle and Sebastian, Hefner, Miles Davis, and Phil Ochs by using Napster. I never would have taken the risk of buying music by these people without Napster but now I have gone out and bought the CD's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

But back to the topic at hand:

Bjork's Selmasongs is very good (there is a fantastic song with Thom Yorke on it) but its not as good as the earlier albums.

for any fans of the Red House Painters Mark Kozelek has a solo album out called Rock and Roll Singer, its a bit hit and miss but worth buying if you like the Painters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

A friend of mine has been trying to get me into Red house painters for years but after hearing her favourite song 'hellicopter' i laughed my self silly and wouldnt go near them again. They are a bit too...mello...even for me.

Yeah they're very mellow (disturbingly depressing even smile.gif ) but "helicopter" is nowhere near their best song. Try listening to "24", "New Jersey", or "Japanese to English" or if you want something a little bit more upbeat "All Mixed Up"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The_Elf

I recommed the new PJ Harvey Album "Stories from the city, Stories from the sea"

Thom Yorke does a great duet with PJ on a song called "This mess we're in"

Any1 out there got any other recommendations?

*yoink*

I recommend you post with a little more attention to the guidelines of this board CB.

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 02-11-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Ive got a few songs from it curtisy of napster and love what ive heard so im of to hmv on the weekend to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The_Elf

Speaking of napster did you see that there might be a settlemet in the case where the creators of napster would charge users $4.99 a month and this they would pay to the record companies

Advertisement