Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen 2005

• 24-11-2004 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Is it too early for this?
    Anyway, just wondering who everyone thinks should play at this.

Here's who I'd like to see
    Aerosmith
    Motley Crue (I believe they're reforming next year for a world tour)
    AC/DC
    Tenacious D
    Yellowcard
    Beastie Boys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

jesus i hope the beasties will be doing the festival circuit this year. i also think chemical bros, will be playing again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

maybe at the drive-in might randomly reform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

mayordenis wrote:
    maybe at the drive-in might randomly reform.
    Ha! Yeah...!

Mars Volta would be nice though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 febreze

Deffo want the beasties... Anyone going to see them in Glasgow, Manchester or London at the end of the month ?? B@stards wouldn't even do an Irish show in Dublin or Belfast !! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Aye, I hope the Beastie Boys go on the European festival circuit next summer, make up for the lack of an Irish show this December. They probably won't play Oxegen 2005 though...

I think the only band that have been booked for Oxegen 2005 so far are The Frames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

bet the killers will feature highly, they're in the exact same position the darkness were last year.

Wouldn't mind seeing blur as a possible headliner, otheres id like at the fest would be
    electric 6
    frames
    mundy
    HIM
    flogging molly
    therapy?
    Maiden
    cruachan
    offspring
    morrissey but hes playing the point this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

bet the killers will feature highly, they're in the exact same position the darkness were last year.
    Hopefully they don't start to grate quite as much as the Darkness - they need a new album to start with.

Maybe Frames to support the Pixies? Beasties would be a great headline too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

we can dream but the beasties wont be touring after this album :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

Personally I'd like to see Brian McFadden play the main stage both nights. But it would be a little boring to hear the same stuff twice in two days, so I think the only reasonable course of action will be to have him perform his set Acapella one of the nights, preferrably the Sunday.

dublinario wrote:
    Personally I'd like to see Brian McFadden play the main stage both nights. But it would be a little boring to hear the same stuff twice in two days, so I think the only reasonable course of action will be to have him perform his set Acapella one of the nights, preferrably the Sunday.
    It could help accomodate the crowds that would surely flock - don't think the mainstage would be big enough for just one night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I just hopes its a FRAMES_FREE ZONE like last year

poncy ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

McFadden, that'd be cool. In a bottle-throwing sort of way.
    Wouldn't mind seeing blur as a possible headliner

ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

quarryman wrote:
    McFadden, that'd be cool. In a bottle-throwing sort of way.

Or in a sniper rifle blowing his head off kind of way.

Hopefully there'll be less of a mainstream approach to it this year, unlikely seeing as it sold out for the first time last year.

Personally would like to see:

The Frames,
    The Delgados,
    The Killers,
    Therapy?,
    The Pixies (would sell my soul to see them again)

moshpit77 wrote:
    I just hopes its a FRAMES_FREE ZONE like last year

poncy ****

if 17,500 went to see them at Marlay i'd think for sure that Mcd will have them back again too!
    And with good reason! One of the most original and brave bands i've ever heard.
    And great lads to talk to aswell!.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I thought Glen Hansard ascended into heaven at the end of that Marlay Park gig and thus won't be touring until the endtimes? Or at least that's the impression I got those who proselytised about it...

Robbo wrote:
    I thought Glen Hansard ascended into heaven at the end of that Marlay Park gig and thus won't be touring until the endtimes? Or at least that's the impression I got those who proselytised about it...

Were you there? It was actually the most mid-blowing gig ever, i'm going to see tem on the 23rd, i was at the album release in HMV, i love these guys and they just keep blowin me away, upping the game, if you don't wanna see them at oxegen, there's plenty of other stages and tents. If you don't like someone, just don't turn up!

Suppose there's a chance of Bowie turning up again this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Morning Glory

I'd love to see Razorlight, Kasabian & The Libertines (including Pete Doherty) do Oxygen

The Libertines (including Pete Doherty)
    LOL, that'd be cool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wouldn't mind seeing:

The Beastie Boys
    Chemical Brothers
    Groove Armada
    Daft Punk

Green Day
    The Strokes
    The Offspring
    Dropkick Murphys
    Taking Back Sunday
    Alkaline Trio

If it's not too much hassle ;)

• Advertisement

qz wrote:
    Wouldn't mind seeing:

Green Day
    The Offspring
    Dropkick Murphys
    Taking Back Sunday

If it's not too much hassle ;)
    Should have gone to Reading fest this year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 patsmear

pixies pixies pixies pixies pixies.
    Audioslave'll have their new album out by then, maybe the Foo fighters aswell..
    they need to redeem themselves after bein not very good at slane last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Green Day
    Audioslave would be lethal, they were class in the point.
    What odds the chili peppers??
    Snow Patrol on the main stage late at night would be the berries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

can't wait for audioslave's new album. apparantley they have loads of new **** written.. I hear it'll be out in january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I think they should bring Monsters Of Rock back to life and Bands like Iron Maiden, Motörhead, Kiss and AC/DC perhaps together with less "old-school" bands like Linkin Park or so should play together.

Brian Mc****him shouldnt be allowed on stage at all @ Oxegen or anything that big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kings of Leon, in the tent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The Pixies were amazing at the Phoenix Park and I definately wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Anyone else want Ozzfest to return???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I think they should bring Monsters Of Rock back to life and Bands like Iron Maiden, Motörhead, Kiss and AC/DC perhaps together with less "old-school" bands like Linkin Park or so should play together.

Brian Mc****him shouldnt be allowed on stage at all @ Oxegen or anything that big

i wasn't there but i heard this worked really well when they played support to metallica in the RDS :D

Well Foo Fighters are confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, they're headlining on the Sunday (10th). Pretty weird, I didn't know they would have a new album out by that time. Can't say I'm too thrilled, pretty mediocre live and they've played here enough in the past. A limited amount of tickets go onsale this Friday until Christmas at this year's prices (prices are going up next year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh yea, and The Darkness were just the perfect choice to headline last year.
    I suppose Bowie did pull out though.

Yeah, they're headlining on the Sunday (10th). Pretty weird, I didn't know they would have a new album out by that time. Can't say I'm too thrilled, pretty mediocre live and they've played here enough in the past. A limited amount of tickets go onsale this Friday until Christmas at this year's prices (prices are going up next year).
    Yeah, their last few gigs haven't been great. But I've seen them play some very good ones. I'll go along anyway.

Know how much the tickets will be selling for next year? From the success of this year's festival I'd say about €150 or more. Probably get my ticket before Christmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

qz - Dropkick Murphys (Feb 27th) and Taking Back Sunday (Jan 16th) are both playing The Ambassador next year.

You save €10 on weekend tickets up to Dec 24th so I presume they'll be €140 after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

my wish list would be

The pixies
    The offspring
    Greenday
    Franz Ferdinand
    The hives or
    The strokes or
    The vines

I'd love to know all you people in person, who's wishlist contain bands such as:

The Offspring
    The Hives
    The Strokes
    The Vines
    Iron Maiden

Because you all deserve a good kick in the head, these bands are absolute muck.

If I ever met the lead singer from The Vines, I'd give him a good slap & tell him to stop making those stupid faces in his video's, he's ugly enough as it is.

The Hives have two good songs & thats it.

The Offspring are ****,

The Strokes, change the ****ing record, everyone of their songs sound the same.

Enough said, & by the way, the day the likes of Iron Maiden play Oxygen, I will be their with a suicide bomb to take all the gimps that like them with me.

Thank you & Goodnite.

• Advertisement

I'd love to know all you people in person, who's wishlist contain bands such as:

The Offspring
    The Hives
    The Strokes
    The Vines
    Iron Maiden

Because you all deserve a good kick in the head, these bands are absolute muck.

If I ever met the lead singer from The Vines, I'd give him a good slap & tell him to stop making those stupid faces in his video's, he's ugly enough as it is.

The Hives have two good songs & thats it.

The Offspring are ****,

The Strokes, change the ****ing record, everyone of their songs sound the same.

Enough said, & by the way, the day the likes of Iron Maiden play Oxygen, I will be their with a suicide bomb to take all the gimps that like them with me.

Thank you & Goodnite.
    Oasis to headline btw

Oasis to headline btw
    Lol - I was thinking about them actually :p Not to headline but in terms of bands that will be playing in Ireland around the same time. Oasis are playing in either June or July, also REM so we won't see either of them at Oxegen. Coldplay are rumoured (in another thread) to be playing Lansdowne so they're unlikely too, mercifully.

I'd love to see the Pixies but in hindsight I've no idea how their new album is progressing. They said the wanted Tom Waits to produce it but he's touring at the moment so he's certainly not buried away somewhere producing the next Pixies album - maybe they'll bash one out and start another tour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Foo Fighters are confirmed? Alright!!! They're damn class! I wouldn't mind seeing Franz Ferdinand again, they were pretty good last year. I'd like to see Ash there again too, they put on a great show too.

Anyone who hasn't liked Oasis at some stage over the past 10 years is lying,
    With the exception of the likes of Iron Maiden heads & all the freaks who used
    to hang around The B.O.I Temple Bar on Saturdays.

I'll be the first person to admit that their last two albums have been rubbish, but Oasis are like your football team, you dont walk away from them when their not performing you stick with them. I should know, I support Everton but look where we are now, so **** all you Red****e & Man Ure supporters, Oasis wont be as big as they were in 96 but I'm looking forward to the new album.

What I hate are these people who love a band because technically everyone in the band is gifted, the lead guitarist does this amazing 20 minute solo, & then so does the drummer but at the end of the day the songs aren't that good, yeah the guitar player is great but cant write a song to save his life. In other words the music is more important than the song.

Snowpatrol should be a headline act this year, I was backstage at last years Oxygen & got talking to Gary Lightbody, very nice fella I must say & a top band.

Ive been well impressed with Razorlight's album, its a grower.
    same can be said for Kasabian's album & as for The Libertines, excellent.

Bring back The Boomtown Rats thats what I say, & some good propper bands who write good songs.

All Slayer Fans ehould run & jump.

It was a joke. I don't like Oasis, think I liked about 4 of their songs but that was about it. Found Liam Gallaghers voice irritating.

You seem very aggressive Morning Glory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Morning Glory.. Are you 12 Years old? The only people who like Oasis are punters who dont actually like music but dont have the balls to tell their mates. So automatically Oasis become their favourite band as its such compressed happy drunken singalong meaningless tripe its the only thing they can relate to in their top 10, top of the pops, Ringtone king Now 59 lives.
    Nar, im not i liar, i have hated Oasis since day one, and while im not a massive slayer fan. Slayer could play more music on a single string of a bass guitar than the entire back catalog of Oasis members.
    You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people what is good and what is bad if you listen to Oasis regularly.

Quoting myself:
    p.pete wrote:
    I'd love to see the Pixies but in hindsight I've no idea how their new album is progressing. They said the wanted Tom Waits to produce it but he's touring at the moment so he's certainly not buried away somewhere producing the next Pixies album - maybe they'll bash one out and start another tour?
    Looks like the album will be a while in coming but if I'm to read between the lines maybe they'll be doing gigs regardless?
    From NME:
    FRANK TALKING!

FRANK BLACK has warned that fans expecting a new PIXIES album might have to wait a little longer than they expected.

Fans have gone into overdrive since a band insider let slip to the New York Times last month that the reformed heroes would put out an album of all-new material in 2005, with Pixies even naming Tom Waits as a potential producer, what Black quoted as saying: "I like the way his records sound."

But now, Black has told the Associated Press that neither fans – nor former record label 4AD – should hold their breath: "Record companies, schmecord companies – who needs ‘em? That’s not where the money is. The business is with the real customers – the fans. That’s who we’re trying to connect with.

"In terms of getting a relationship with a company going, we don’t have any need, because we don’t have anything for them to sell. If and when we do have something, we’re probably going to proceed a little cautiously.

"At the end of the day, the record company always needs content. They need artists. Right now, they need artists more than we need them."

Pixies recently released their first new song in 13 years, ‘Bam Thwok’, as a download through the iTunes site.

Bombidol,

What gives you the authority to say that "people who like Oasis are punters who dont like music but dont have the balls to tell their mates", what a pile of ****e you speak my friend.

Its a sad state of affairs, if you're into a band but are affraid to say so because of your afraid what your mates or anyone else thinks. If that were true about me, why would I be here shouting & stating that I still like Oasis. Obviously your nonsese theory is tripe.
    Maybe you should get some new friends.

As pointed out in my earlier responses, I dont care much for bands who have amazing musicians but no end product, you dont need to tell me Noel Gallagher is **** compaired to Slash, but he has written some fantastic songs, plus there is nothing better than a happy drunken singalong to meaningless tripe, when Im drunk I dont want to hear some idiot screaming about how ****e life is, about demons or hell.

I've never said Oasis were the best band in the world nor did I say that I listen to them everyday, but what I will say is, your summary of Oasis fans is great, you asked me If was 12 years old & then go on to say that the only people who can relate to Oasis songs are people who like drunken meaningless singalongs.

How many drunken 12 year olds do you know? or should I ask? (is your name Michael Jackson by any chance.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Bomb Idol,20 bulls each suck mate so you're taste in music is some what tainted

Tool
    Audioslave(rocked in the point last year)
    Dj Shadow
    Chemical Bros(again)
    Faithless(as always)
    electric six(again coz they rocked so much last year)
    2 Many Djs
    Daft Punk
    The Orb
    gah the list goes on......

Yours must be tainted too man , as im well into 99% of the bands/groups you just listed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ah ...... Oxegen .....

I rub my hands with glee at the prospect of all those grubby little touts coming onto boards ....... I hope oxygen2004 (in his new 'guise) comes back ....

The forum bannings await!

As for the festival itself? Meh .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

bombidol wrote:
    Nar, im not i liar, i have hated Oasis since day one, and while im not a massive slayer fan. Slayer could play more music on a single string of a bass guitar than the entire back catalog of Oasis members.
    You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people what is good and what is bad if you listen to Oasis regularly.

Oasis are a decent band, they've got some very catchy singalong tunes. That's why they were the biggest band in Europe about 8 years ago.

What the fúck is so great about Slayer?

Different people have their different tastes in music. I don't see what good slaggin off Slayer and Iron Maiden does. Neither Oasis.

I don't like Oasis, but thats my opinion. Catchy singalong tunes does not equal good music in my book. But you shouldn't care.

So, with Foo's confirmed - is anyone going to buy the advance tickets? not me

any rumours around about who else would be playing?
    I know Eminem is doing a world tour next year and Ireland is on the hit list, i wonder if he will be on the line up

• Advertisement
Advertisement