Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen 2005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

bombidol wrote:
    I know Eminem is doing a world tour next year and Ireland is on the hit list, i wonder if he will be on the line up
    If he was the second headliner (can't imagine him being there and not headlining) then that would be two strikes as far as my patronage of the event in concerned (in a 3 strikes and you're out kind of way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Id go if Em was playing to be honest. but there would have to be some serious other bands playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

bombidol wrote:
    Morning Glory.. Are you 12 Years old? The only people who like Oasis are punters who dont actually like music but dont have the balls to tell their mates. So automatically Oasis become their favourite band as its such compressed happy drunken singalong meaningless tripe its the only thing they can relate to in their top 10, top of the pops, Ringtone king Now 59 lives.
    Nar, im not i liar, i have hated Oasis since day one, and while im not a massive slayer fan. Slayer could play more music on a single string of a bass guitar than the entire back catalog of Oasis members.
    You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people what is good and what is bad if you listen to Oasis regularly.

What a dumbass post. I like Oasis and I also like lots of supposedly more credible acts like jeff Buckley, the smiths, the beatles, elliot smith, nick drake, the libertines, bowie etc.
    Oasis have loads of great songs and thats why I like them. I couldn't give a boll0x if some bloke from slayer can play 50 notes a second on bass because their songs are sh1t compared to Oasis songs. You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people what is good and what is bad if you listen to Slayer regularly. We could go on all day. Whatever musical snobbery you have against Oasis has become as tiresome as has it being cool to dislike Oasis. Noel has a great talent for songwriting and as a musician you should respect that. He is also a pretty damn good lyricist, 'gas panic' in particular has excellent lyrics. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Morning Glory

Well done Bungalow Bill, enough said.

You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people what is good and what is bad if you listen to Slayer regularly.
    Music appreciation is subjective really. I like lots of different stuff and also a lot of the stuff I used to like I now can't stand.

One cool thing about Oxegen is that there is generally a fairly wide mix of different acts - headliners, dance stage, new acts etc. If you don't like something you can be a moron and stand there watching and grumbling about how sucky it is, or you can find another act or something completely different to do.

It's still worthwhile however to argue the merits of various bands being on the bill - what you want to see and what you're not interested in. There's going to be a load of crap you're not interested in (Oasis definitely won't be playing :D) but try give a reason why you think they're crap and accept that someone else thinks they're good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

would marilyn manson play that type gig? would like to see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Fact - Musical opinion is not universal. Oasis fans generally won't like Slayer. Slayer fans generally won't like Oasis. Can't we agree to disagree?

Fact - Oasis are playing their own (faaairly expensive) gig this year already. Chances are they won't be doing oxegen as a result.

Fact - Electric Six brought the house down last year - and were the 'surprise' hit of the festival. I truly hope they'll be back.

Fact - Last year sold out. Buy quick, buy often - that'd be my advice.

Opinion - Oasis were good - though Morning Glory is right, their last two albums were absolutely disgraceful. I hope they call it a day soon tbh.

End communication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

What a dumbass post. I like Oasis and I also like lots of supposedly more credible acts like jeff Buckley, the smiths, the beatles, elliot smith, nick drake, the libertines, bowie etc.
    Oasis have loads of great songs and thats why I like them. I couldn't give a boll0x if some bloke from slayer can play 50 notes a second on bass because their songs are sh1t compared to Oasis songs. You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people what is good and what is bad if you listen to Slayer regularly. We could go on all day. Whatever musical snobbery you have against Oasis has become as tiresome as has it being cool to dislike Oasis. Noel has a great talent for songwriting and as a musician you should respect that. He is also a pretty damn good lyricist, 'gas panic' in particular has excellent lyrics. Grow up.

As per your own words buddy..
    What a dumbass post. I like Oasis but i also think that slayer have their place in metal. Not a big fan of slayer to be honest but you cant call the other post dumb and then repeat the same pattern by saying that if someone listens to them they are dumb.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to tell people whats good or not as all this depends on peoples taste and is totally subjective.
    If i wanna go listen to Daniel O Donnell and Slayer i'll do it and you can't say i'm dumb.. i just have different taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Oh yeah... I would so love a perfect circle to come here as i missed the last tool concert. Either would be savage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/cgi/asp_events/byid.asp?event_id=180039812121BA4C&category=CONCERTS

Wow...this is weird...

Anyway, i'd love to see the Killers, the Manics, Muse, Chemical Bros, Groove Armada, FOO'S!!!! Death in Vegas, bush...if only....sophia, !!!, generally good music to bounce around to...just hope i dont get picked up by some stranger again, who last yr threw me over his shouldr, and jut randomly carried me down the hill....i'm ickle and it seems a quite regular, if not unusual occurence, happend to me in Slane a few years ago to...however then i was also talking to someone who had just lost their virginity in a portaloo...classy...
    i love festivals i do :D

Witnness forever- just say no to oxegen..

would marilyn manson play that type gig? would like to see them
    Not entirely impossible - they definitely played Rock-Am-Ring before, not quite Oxegen but it's a festival... (so there's hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

....You simply DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY.....
    I was being sarcastic here, whats wrong with you people, it was a line from his post. I followed it up by saying, "We could go on all day".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Buying a ticket in December for a gig next July the line-up of which you don't know. It sounds ridiculous, it is ridiculous, don't do it. Its Christmas though, i may just flush a fifty down the toilet just to get in the mood, seasons greetings.

thing is most people like myself are p[rob gonna go no matter who plays, ill prob wait tho, a tenner saving now is insane to be down 130 at christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

sounds much better then last year line-up

green day, AC/DC sweet

• Advertisement

comet wrote:
    Buying a ticket in December for a gig next July the line-up of which you don't know. It sounds ridiculous, it is ridiculous, don't do it.
    I agree but it's something that has started happening in the UK this year and I guess they're just trying to cash in too. T in the Park tickets went on sale straight after this years finished also Reading tickets have been available and that's not til the end of August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

I dunno, if you know your going to go then buy your ticket + save a tenner.

I'd really like to see:
    Hot Hot Heat,
    Muse,
    Audioslave,
    Lamb,
    HIM (reeeeally good live),
    Yeah Yeah Yeah's,
    The Killers,
    2many DJ's

and THE SUN! (no rain plez!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Hot Hot Heat have a new album due as well, can't wait!

good call on hot hot heat, they'd be good support for foos, on the other night manson+him *waits for ban*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

good call on hot hot heat, they'd be good support for foos, on the other night manson+him *waits for ban*
    Wouldn't mind seeing Hot Hot Heat. Festival's about the only place I would go to them though. I should probably listen to Manson sometime soon. I hear very good things. And as for HIM. All this talk of them makes me very interested...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

jmc wrote:
    Hot Hot Heat have a new album due as well, can't wait!

Yeeeeeeh! I didn't know that! Oh, the anticipation!

And I totally forgot: Aur de Maur - sooooo gud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

QOTSA would be sweet, not much chance of that happening though. Foos would be good and maybe Velvet Revolver (missed out on tickets for point gig)

The Prodigy are now confirmed as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Motley Crue would be cool. They're touring next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i posted a release from mcd on the prodigy in the music board by mistake...if you want a read
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209236

Due Due to phenomenal demand (mainly from parents looking for a unique Xmas
    present) festival organizers are extending the Special Early Bird offer
    until 6PM on 4 January 2005.
    Where the hell is the logic in that? - who buys xmas presents up until the 4th???

Is there any indication what positions these acts will be put at? They're both good but wouldn't consider either of them headliners...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea!!!!!1 prodigy and foo fighters will make for a great two nights to finish off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Prodigy? Jeez, this is turning into Witnness 2002. Only Green Day to go now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Green Day played Witness? :confused:
    BTW whats the story with security at oxegen,by that i mean what are the chances of me(16)getting in?

I've never heard of anyone not getting in because of age. They say it's over 18's. But you still need ID for the bar. Last year there was a form you could fill out online and print out that gave you permission to go if you were under age. You had to get a special wrist band I think. And you needed someone who was 18+ with you. They were supposed to be responsible for you the whole time. But I'm sure it's quite possible to get in without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got my ticket already, though if Eminem gets confirmed I may have to rethink given the numbers of out and out scumbags he'd attract. May as well book Aslan to support if they go with Eminem as a headline...

Pleased about Foo Fighters though I'm completely ambivalent about the Prodigy...

Would love to see some or all of:

Green Day, Radiohead, Snow Patrol, Travis, Hope of The States, Placebo, Therapy?, Coldplay, Morrisey, Ash, Keane, Biffy Clyro, Neil Young, Bowie, The Revs, David Kitt, Mark Geary, R.E.M.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Zzz.

Ian Brown has now been confirmed for this year’s festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If enimenem is at oxegen next year then it'll be aload of ****, there was some dodgy acts at it last year but he would just be too low to go for a proper music festival.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

DadaKopf wrote:
    Zzz.
    Agreed. This festival is a worthless pile. Get a bus together and take a spin over to an English festival.

draffodx wrote:
    If enimenem is at oxegen next year then it'll be aload of ****, there was some dodgy acts at it last year but he would just be too low to go for a proper music festival.

overeacting a bit? i dont like rap music but i imagine he'd get a good atmosphere and crowd going, i'd go see if no one i liked was on at same time

he'd get a good atmosphere and crowd going
    He may get the crowd going, but it's the crowd that would go that I wouldn't be a fan of.

Good news about Ian Brown though. He should be good...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Ian Brown can't sing live at all...he's brutal.
    Not a great addition to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

maybe a tad of over reaction there but i really dont like him, he would drag along a crowd who are into completely different music than i'd normally associate with witnness/oxegen,

I remember this time last year the line up for Oxegen had a pretty bad start but it picked up fairly well later on, probably be the same this year.

• Advertisement

MCD only announced these three acts so they could sell tickets at Christmas time when more people would buy them. They're all sufficiently different acts to appeal to the largest possible audience and encourage people to buy tickets as gifts. The more they sell now the less money they have to spend on getting more bands to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd still go if I didn't like any of the bands. it's all about the atmosphere.

EDIT: But they should definatly get the Crue to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looking really "meh" this year. Not only have all these bands have played in Ireland in recent memory, but the three headliners that are confirmed so far are the same headliners that played Witnness 2002 (aswell as Ian Brown). Would be nice to get from fresh blood over here...

Green Day
    Foo Fighters
    The Prodigy
    Ian Brown
    The Killers
    Bloc Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

how quick do ye think the tix will go for this one lads.... really dont want to miss out but dont want to be queing all night either....

will i be ok do yeh think on the internet at work early on fri 18th???

froggie_1 wrote:
    how quick do ye think the tix will go for this one lads.... really dont want to miss out but dont want to be queing all night either....

will i be ok do yeh think on the internet at work early on fri 18th???
    Oh jesus yeah. Won't sell out that quick at all.

Last year was the first time Witnness/Oxegen sold out prior to the event(and that was probably due to David Bowie who ended up cancelling), don't believe MCDs hype.

• Advertisement

I don't think it was mainly due to David Bowie to be fair. There were people paying double the face value for tickets in the few days leading up to the festival. I'd blame it more on MCD's hype then anything else. Changing the name to Oxegen, having a little sun as the logo. People are idiots.

Keane confirmed on oxegen site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Killers playing too. Yippee. Not being sarcastic, I really mean it; Yippee.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

oh god not keane.... how wonderfully bland can a band be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The Streets and Kasabian confirmed for Oxegen.

Hmm, The Streets. Bollocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement