Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Mcfadden is an idiot!!!!

• 24-11-2004 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or do you also think that it would be a good idea for a group of christian brothers to get together and kick the **** out of Brian McFadden so that his song might have some meaning behind it?
    I mean they could keep beating him until he agrees to stop writing crap songs and stop trying to be a rocker which would kill 2 birds with the one stone. When will he ever realise that he has NO talent in him whatsoever and that he should just apologise to the other muppets of westlife for leaving and rejoin them again. This would mean instead of there being two bands/singers trying to be something they are not and releasing ****e there would be only one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

His extramarital antic but him in a bad light, there were many who vowed not to buy his single when he was found to be cheating on his wife. The only thing he could do IMO is be contraversial in the hope that he would sell more records or get more publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Agree on most points..
    he is hogging the media.. he head is up his own a$$ and the latest stunt with his video is just pathetic.

I mean "Real to me".. slap him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

what did the mongo do this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

http://www.utvinternet.ie/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=7420&pt=e
    read all about it.. or then again.. do u really want to waste ur time? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In fairness to the muppet, I was in school with him in the CB School he went to, and yeah, the Brothers did raise their hands to us.

One in particular would rap us on the heads with his knuckles / duster / knuckleduster if we failed to recite some archaic Irish poem to the full.

So he is not telling lies per se.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

seansouth wrote:

One in particular would rap us on the heads with his knuckles / duster / knuckleduster if we failed to recite some archaic Irish poem to the full.

So he is not telling lies per se.

Most schools had a teacher or two like that I had one that used to throw the big wooden duster at you if you were not paying attention and a couple that would walk up behind you and dig you into the back or pull you by the hair on the back of yiou neck. It's no big deal and I don't believe any of that has had a lasting negative effect .

Mc fadden is just trying to generate publicity for his career but what he did with is video is very wrong. That he's as talented and his music is no worse than a lot of the rest of the dross in the charts so if he can make money out of it fair play to heim.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Just follow the example of Westlife and his wife. Ignore him and he'll go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

axer wrote:
    ....Is it just me or do you also think that it would be a good idea for a group of christian brothers to get together and kick the **** out of Brian McFadden.....

i like the kicking but "christian brothers"? where the hell did that come from?.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

And now it has come out that he got a hude tatoo on his arm saying "Daddy is Sorry"...........In fairness he is probably right, his daddy is sorry he didnt use protection. Knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭boo4842

He is an idiot, but he did ditch Kerry

And in fairness, I can't fault him for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

boo4842 wrote:
    He is an idiot, but he did ditch Kerry

And in fairness, I can't fault him for that!
    What?! Kerry is a fine slip of a woman. He was jammy to land her in the first place, and an idiot to pick anything else above her. Jaysus she's gorgeous.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I attended the CBS school that threatened to sue McFadden (St. Fintans, Sutton). It was hilarious seeing my old history teacher (now the principal) threatening to pursue legal action on Bryan. FWIW, there was nothing like any abuse there that's implied in McFadden's song.

Oh and contrary to what some newspapers implied, Fintans doesn't feature per se in the video. It's just that another school, also called St. Fintans, appears and, given there's a mere handful of CBS schools in Dublin, it seemed to implicate my old school. Plus any chance to cause McFadden hassle must be good, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

seamus wrote:
    What?! Kerry is a fine slip of a woman. He was jammy to land her in the first place, and an idiot to pick anything else above her. Jaysus she's gorgeous.

Exceedingly good pillows (as Mr Kipling might have said, or not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

axer wrote:
    Brian McFadden is an idiot
    And the news here is? :D
    seamus wrote:
    :D
    Ah I don't know Seamus, I reckon she'd be an awful head wrecker to live with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

plus I would say her "Pillows" have gone all veiny and saggy from the babbies, and Id say she will go downhill fast. Mostly just a head wreck though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Kerry is a grand looker, but, my god, the scouse accent goes right through ye like a dose of salts.

I'd file her under the "everything was fine until she opened her gob" type of woman.

As for him, muppet.... that new song of his is truly awful, but is its me or have the radio stations made a decision not to play it?? I've seldom heard it on the wireless since it got its first airplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Glad to see all the westlife fans still supporting Bryan, ^^Get a life the whole lot of yous,^^ thats his life , he might have to be a prat sometimes but we all make sacrifices for success... :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

McFadden is a media whore - plain & simple. Booze problem - sorry, big deal..... other "famous people" have had booze problems, drugs problems & a ream of other **** as have many others & alot don't go whinging to the press about it.... unless they're looking for some free publicity to 'sell' something, again media whoring - but there's many that don't go running to the press every damn time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same as the two of them going on about their break-up; BIG ****ING WHOOP!!!! How many other marriages fall apart.... if you ask me, they forgot marriages take work & sometimes you sacrifice alot to get them to work.... she says 'his work schedule caused it' - I mean come on, most of us know he doesn't REALLY have to work at this stage, & he can afford to say "**** it - quality time with the missus & kids is needed"....

I'm sorry, I have NO sympathy for him or for her - they both deserve each other....... I just wish the media whoring would stop - NO ONE REALLY GIVES A DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

::: ven0mous :::

ven0m wrote:
    McFadden is a media whore - plain & simple. Booze problem - sorry, big deal..... other "famous people" have had booze problems, drugs problems & a ream of other **** as have many others & alot don't go whinging to the press about it.... unless they're looking for some free publicity to 'sell' something, again media whoring - but there's many that don't go running to the press every damn time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same as the two of them going on about their break-up; BIG ****ING WHOOP!!!! How many other marriages fall apart.... if you ask me, they forgot marriages take work & sometimes you sacrifice alot to get them to work.... she says 'his work schedule caused it' - I mean come on, most of us know he doesn't REALLY have to work at this stage, & he can afford to say "**** it - quality time with the missus & kids is needed"....

I'm sorry, I have NO sympathy for him or for her - they both deserve each other....... I just wish the media whoring would stop - NO ONE REALLY GIVES A DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Looks like your saying alot there V, feeling sleepy now

Im not saying hes not a dick, but people have a right to self expression, and this sun newspaper type abuse being spewed at him is a bit over the top

The irony is, ven0m, that that was his excuse for leaving West****e, was to spend more time with the wife and babies.

Then he comes back to the music industry, releases a single about leaving the music industry and spending time with said wife and babies, and in that time, he left said wife and babies.

This man is a mediawhore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ven0m wrote:

I LIKE it ;) ,

DMC wrote:
    The irony is, ven0m, that that was his excuse for leaving West****e, was to spend more time with the wife and babies.

Then he comes back to the music industry, releases a single about leaving the music industry and spending time with said wife and babies, and in that time, he left said wife and babies.

This man is a mediawhore.

Yup - I remember that. He's such a ****ing tool!!!!! If you don't wanna be famous, bugger off - stay out of the spotlight, live life on your own terms. There's plenty of famous people who stay off the radar except for when they've something to sell.

Famous people in general who whinge about 'invasions' of privacy etc etc get on my ****ing wick!!!! If you DON'T wanna be famous, then sod off & disappear off the radar, or else keep it low key.... or really & truly - STOP MEDIAWHORING!!!!!!!!

And don't even get me started on those 'big brother' ****ers - ohhhh mannnn, I can feel an UBER rant coming on here!!!!! GGRRRR!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

happy bubble... happy bubble.... i'm in my happy bubble .... deep breath... in.... and, out. ......

ven0m wrote:
    Yup - I remember that. He's such a ****ing tool!!!!! If you don't wanna be famous, bugger off - stay out of the spotlight, live life on your own terms. There's plenty of famous people who stay off the radar except for when they've something to sell.

Famous people in general who whinge about 'invasions' of privacy etc etc get on my ****ing wick!!!! If you DON'T wanna be famous, then sod off & disappear off the radar, or else keep it low key.... or really & truly - STOP MEDIAWHORING!!!!!!!!

And don't even get me started on those 'big brother' ****ers - ohhhh mannnn, I can feel an UBER rant coming on here!!!!! GGRRRR!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

happy bubble... happy bubble.... i'm in my happy bubble .... deep breath... in.... and, out. ......

Almost invariably when the peasants moan about celebrity it is because of some lacking in there own life rather than the subject

Sickly sweet

Almost invariably when the peasants moan about celebrity it is because of some lacking in there own life rather than the subject

Sickly sweet

Fair point - except there is nothing lacking in my own life - I have what I want, & to be fair more than most, but thank you for your concern..... in a world where few people care, it is nice to see there is still camaraderie in communities..... even if it is an online one & that 'loving' feeling being propogated by the simplest gift; caring about another human being - heheheheheh:D ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I personnaly think he is trying to go down the Robbie Williams route with his 'poor me i am an alcoholic and i have made a mess of my live' act... sure doesnt he have Robbies old writing partner writing the songs on his new album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Looks like your saying alot there V, feeling sleepy now

Im not saying hes not a dick, but people have a right to self expression, and this sun newspaper type abuse being spewed at him is a bit over the top

Self expression is fine, but what was the deal with filming his video outside a school that he didn't even attend, whining about how he was beaten by the christian brothers.

Why did he not spew outside the school he DID attend.

making a reputation for your self is OK once you don't hurt other people in the process.

Sickly sweet
    Moot point meditraitor, I'm meerly pointing out the inconsistancy in his actions. But if you look at the people who are buying the celebrity magazines and tabloids, that are feeding the trashy celebrity life, you wonder if there is anything lacking in their lives to make them buy those papers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DMC wrote:
    Moot point meditraitor, I'm meerly pointing out the inconsistancy in his actions. But if you look at the people who are buying the celebrity magazines and tabloids, that are feeding the trashy celebrity life, you wonder if there is anything lacking in their lives to make them buy those papers......
    It's women DMC. Women aspire to be rich and famous, little girls dress up as princesses, and dream about marrying a prince. So they buy **** magazines, because it's like reading fairytales for dull adults.

Men bitch and moan, but we're not the cause of the problem - young boys dream of being firemen or policemen (or "mutha****in hustlers" ;) name that quote), not of being princes or rich actors.

seamus wrote:
    (or "mutha****in hustlers" ;) name that quote),

Stop worshipping at the altar of Snoop "G'z up, ho's down, just call me huggy dog dizzle wizzle ma nizzle mutha****a!" Dogg... LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liamk

I can't believe that none for you can honestly come here sayin you wouldnt skip over his dead body for the life hes livin fair play and all that to him if i could i'd sell a story a day to the rag mag's i would!!! its not like he hasnt had his whole personal and family life dissected and investigated at every opportunity. its typical of irish ppl to resent anyone that gets ahead i for one say fair play you do what you gotta do to get ahead he happens to be able to sell his life to ***ty newspapers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

He's mad to have dumped Kerry, shes on the up and up and the exposure the two of them could have had together would have been huge foor his "career" . Then again the record company probably reckons he'll get more female fans if he's seen to be available. I think Kerrys a cracker (when quiet) mind you :)

liamk wrote:
    I can't believe that none for you can honestly come here sayin you wouldnt skip over his dead body for the life hes livin fair play and all that to him if i could i'd sell a story a day to the rag mag's i would!!! its not like he hasnt had his whole personal and family life dissected and investigated at every opportunity. its typical of irish ppl to resent anyone that gets ahead i for one say fair play you do what you gotta do to get ahead he happens to be able to sell his life to ***ty newspapers

I think you're misinterpretting alot of what is being said here. NO-ONE resents him for 'making it' - what we DO resent is the constant need for living what should be HIS PRIVATE life through the media so he can 'sell' - that is what people have a problem with.....

What goes on behind closed doors between two people, or a family for that matter - is NOT for consistent flaunting through the media in minute detail BY one of the parties involved so they can make a quick buck - anyone who engages in that behaviour has NO respect for themselves or others, or for any of the innocent parties involves, like his kids.... families splitting up is hard enough on kids without seeing 'Daddy' or 'Mommy' in the press having a bash at the other or having a whinge about 'what went wrong'.... that **** is just wrong....
    BolBill wrote:
    He's mad to have dumped Kerry, shes on the up and up and the exposure the two of them could have had together would have been huge foor his "career" . Then again the record company probably reckons he'll get more female fans if he's seen to be available. I think Kerrys a cracker (when quiet) mind you :)

I'd shag that scouse accent out of her given half the chance - or else make her gag till she loses her voice & then she can't talk... either or, I'd be a winner ;)

ven0m wrote:
    I think you're misinterpretting alot of what is being said here. NO-ONE resents him for 'making it' - what we DO resent is the constant need for living what should be HIS PRIVATE life through the media so he can 'sell' - that is what people have a problem with.....

What goes on behind closed doors between two people, or a family for that matter - is NOT for consistent flaunting through the media in minute detail BY one of the parties involved so they can make a quick buck - anyone who engages in that behaviour has NO respect for themselves or others, or for any of the innocent parties involves, like his kids.... families splitting up is hard enough on kids without seeing 'Daddy' or 'Mommy' in the press having a bash at the other or having a whinge about 'what went wrong'.... that **** is just wrong....

Whos to say that what he is doing is bad for his kids, I know plenty of people who came from "the Waltons family environment" with quite a lot of issues now.
    The vast majority of what is written about him comes from mediapimps, as far from the truth as an isreali peacetreaty.
    The core issue is ignorance, people accept to much crap without question, the celebrity is not to blame but society.
    65 million americans voted for bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

In some strange way i dont mind Brians stuff.. no wait hear me out... :D

I never pay any attention to lyrics.. I kind of like his tunes though... and the "real to me" song is the only one i know, i have heard another one but thats about it.. dont remember much about it.

I dont mind it because its so silly and pointless that its "not real" to me... I treat it like a weird al song or something...

Oh my fave but of the song is... "and i lift up my finger, and watch football on TV!" Thats just class... really... so much meaning and thought in that little bit!!! :D:D

gazzer wrote:
    I personnaly think he is trying to go down the Robbie Williams route with his 'poor me i am an alcoholic and i have made a mess of my live' act... sure doesnt he have Robbies old writing partner writing the songs on his new album

Only differance is that Robbie is talented.
    Mc Fadded is and will remain a prat. He seems to think that he can build a respectable musical career on controversy alone. Serious musicians with drug and alcahol problems deal with them in a private manner. Years later the truth will come out, but they dont use it to et their picture on the front of some tabloid.
    Also Kerry Mc Fadden is a sickening excuse for a human being. She looks like a skank and talks like, well suffice to say the minute she opens her mouth every intelligant human being questions our continued existance.

• Advertisement

Only differance is that Robbie is talented.
    Mc Fadded is and will remain a prat. He seems to think that he can build a respectable musical career on controversy alone. Serious musicians with drug and alcahol problems deal with them in a private manner. Years later the truth will come out, but they dont use it to et their picture on the front of some tabloid.
    Also Kerry Mc Fadden is a sickening excuse for a human being. She looks like a skank and talks like, well suffice to say the minute she opens her mouth every intelligant human being questions our continued existance.

Save the whales

Whos to say that what he is doing is bad for his kids, I know plenty of people who came from "the Waltons family environment" with quite a lot of issues now.
    The vast majority of what is written about him comes from mediapimps, as far from the truth as an isreali peacetreaty.
    The core issue is ignorance, people accept to much crap without question, the celebrity is not to blame but society.
    65 million americans voted for bush

Dude - are you even reading the same thread as everyone else? Since when is this a discussion about American Imperialism or the plague of idiocy that America finds itself suffering???

Anyways - 'celebrity' & 'mediapimping' only exists because of the people who actually buy the **** - I know it's a supply & demand thing, but think how many celebrities keep their personal **** OFF the radar & don't go around 'selling it'? I think you'll find there's plenty.....

Lets face it, McFadden doesn't keep Max Clifford around as a publicist because Max is a nice guy - this guy is a wolf, & will sell ANY story to the highest bidder, it's what he does.... anyone who retains Max Clifford as a publicist is using Max for what he does best; maximum exposure, impact & more importantly money..... McFadden is well versed in how to get the most attention, & is fully aware of how to use the media - you don't spend years working under that short arsed nazi Louis Walsh without learning one or two things....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

just add him to your ignore list and everything will be grand

ven0m wrote:
    Dude - are you even reading the same thread as everyone else? Since when is this a discussion about American Imperialism or the plague of idiocy that America finds itself suffering???

Anyways - 'celebrity' & 'mediapimping' only exists because of the people who actually buy the **** - I know it's a supply & demand thing, but think how many celebrities keep their personal **** OFF the radar & don't go around 'selling it'? I think you'll find there's plenty.....

Lets face it, McFadden doesn't keep Max Clifford around as a publicist because Max is a nice guy - this guy is a wolf, & will sell ANY story to the highest bidder, it's what he does.... anyone who retains Max Clifford as a publicist is using Max for what he does best; maximum exposure, impact & more importantly money..... McFadden is well versed in how to get the most attention, & is fully aware of how to use the media - you don't spend years working under that short arsed nazi Louis Walsh without learning one or two things....

Anthiing to stop you repeating the same drivel over and over

Ah I love you really,, Hate mcfadden,

Happy now darling :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Look at the other 3 fellas from Westlife (not the one who is doing Berties daughter), you wouldn't hear a peep out of them in the news other than Westlife related news. They make there money, have there life, and seem happy enough with it. When your man Shane was getting married it was done at home, and without some fancy 'Hello' type pictures. Thats the type of success that i can respect.

• Advertisement

delly wrote:
    Look at the other 3 fellas from Westlife (not the one who is doing Berties daughter), you wouldn't hear a peep out of them in the news other than Westlife related news. They make there money, have there life, and seem happy enough with it. When your man Shane was getting married it was done at home, and without some fancy 'Hello' type pictures. Thats the type of success that i can respect.
    I totally agree!!!! See this is the VERY ****ing point I've been getting at - NAIL..... HEAD.....HAMMER! JACKPOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He's a talentless spa, he isn't worth talking about people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

His song's on the radio and you don't like it? Turn it over. It's in the shop to buy? Don't buy it. He's on the news? Turn the station. He's in a huge article in some magazine or newspaper? Don't read the article!

Jeez sometimes I wonder what else you people have to do with your lives that you can get so wound up over something this pointless. I'd have to guess some of you are jealous, because otherwise - it's his life, so let him live it. If he's getting attention then just don't look. It's your own fault as much as it is his for paying attention to it all!

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']His song's on the radio and you don't like it? Turn it over. It's in the shop to buy? Don't buy it. He's on the news? Turn the station. He's in a huge article in some magazine or newspaper? Don't read the article!

Jeez sometimes I wonder what else you people have to do with your lives that you can get so wound up over something this pointless. I'd have to guess some of you are jealous, because otherwise - it's his life, so let him live it. If he's getting attention then just don't look. It's your own fault as much as it is his for paying attention to it all!

THE ICEMAN HAS SPOKEN........ :D Is this the colloqueial (sp?) play nice kiddies or you're all going in seperate corners speech Ice? heheheheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

koneko wrote:
    he isn't worth talking about people...

er clearly NOT true!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']His song's on the radio and you don't like it? Turn it over. It's in the shop to buy? Don't buy it. He's on the news? Turn the station. He's in a huge article in some magazine or newspaper? Don't read the article!

Thats all fair and well but his songs actually make me cringe! I feel sorry for the guy in a way. I should be able to listen to 2fm without cringing (if thats how u spell it). Getting annoyed over something that makes you cringe is not jealousy. I honestly can say that I would NOT like to be brian mcfadden. I would rather be poor like I am than be a tosser who has no self respect. He is a prostitute selling his life for money (well actually worse than a that).

axer wrote:
    I should be able to listen to 2fm without cringing (if thats how u spell it). t).

Everything on 2fm is cringe worthy. Listen to Todayfm a real radio station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

this is just adding to his reputation, on the radio, on the tv, on the news, in the papers now on boards.ie!!! this is exactly what he wants, to be talked about its all publicity!!! so lets not talk about him and change the subject to his milf of an ex!!! ynom ynom ynom *fap*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I cant believe people actually think that she is good looking, I wouldnt touch her with a ten foot pole!!!!

axer wrote:
    I cant believe people actually think that she is good looking, I wouldnt touch her with a ten foot pole!!!!
    Well then if you're not using your ten foot pole, can I borrow it so I can go ram-raiding?? ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement