Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For great justice

Options
  • 24-11-2004 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Congratulations to 'hectorjelly', who won $2,737.80 in '$7,500 Guar't'd Rebuy GF' tournament.

Its been a while, I felt I was letting the side down a bit; so I went ahead and won it tonight. The crucial hand was about mid way through; I about 20k and got KK utg. I flat called as did one or two others, the small blind comlpleted and the big blind checked. I was annoyed but when the flop came up Axx i thought I saved myself a headache. It was checked the button who min bet, 200 or so into a biggish pot. The blinds called and so did I. Turn was a K. Small Blind then bet out and I called. Button folded. River was a A. Small blind checked and I bet the pot, he then raised me a huge amount, I put him all in and he called with A3. I was then massive chip leader at the table (over 50k) and never looked back. I live to play big stacks in tournaments, most fun I have with my trousers on.

Dropsy was doing well until the eventual 3rd place finisher called his A10 with A2 I think, 2 on the turn and hes out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

There was one other interesting hand, I folded AK which I very rarely do. I actually would of split the pot if had of called. Utg raised and a very tight player reraised, it would of been 1/2 my stack so I decided to let it go. Tight player had AK, utg had QQ. A on the river.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nice one Hector. My cheapo night in the $5000 freeroll ended with me going out in 13th. It all went wrong went I went all-in with 2 pair on the flop, problem being the flop was all hearts (hence the all-in) and got called by the Ah. A heart duly arrived on the river. Right so back to the cash tourneys.

musician wrote:
    Nice one Hector. My cheapo night in the $5000 freeroll ended with me going out in 13th. It all went wrong went I went all-in with 2 pair on the flop, problem being the flop was all hearts (hence the all-in) and got called by the Ah. A heart duly arrived on the river. Right so back to the cash tourneys.

Hard luck, thats a great value tournament; especially with only 70odd players. I think a lot of people have used up their action points, luckily I have 1.4 million to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Well done Hector, good to see you are back on the winning trail.

/me heads off to look for that trail again.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

Hard luck, thats a great value tournament; especially with only 70odd players. I think a lot of people have used up their action points, luckily I have 1.4 million to spare.

lol, I have 21 action points :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

luckily I have 1.4 million to spare.
    Aren't you able to cash them in for some stuff? Remember looking at the list, there's a Mini Cooper at the top of the list, for 62 gazillion points or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have about 100000 and I don't play all that much. You need about 2 billion to claim a toaster or something so freerolls are the best use for them.

lafortezza wrote:
    Aren't you able to cash them in for some stuff? Remember looking at the list, there's a Mini Cooper at the top of the list, for 62 gazillion points or something.

I think its about 60 million points, so at this rate I can get a mini when Im 86!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

...I have 1.4 million to spare.

Do you want to sell some?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Well congratulations Hectorjelly on your victory. What are you going to spend the money on. One question. What site are you all playing on?

• Advertisement

The site in question here is victor chandler poker. Not by the way the most popular online site amongst boards luminaries but my fav. Mainly because I like the software, the tourneys and giving out to Hector for being a know-it-all. I mean winning tourneys, what does that prove?

I'll get me coat.

Advertisement