Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ye think of my new site

Options
  • 24-11-2004 4:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Using a control panel with hosting365 so it's a bit limited. But i think it'll get the message accross..

ComputerRepairs.ie

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

note to moderators, this user is not spamming I suggested that he post this in here as it was in the wrong forum MKay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 phychobishop

Thanks Billy.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Nice site, the buttons at the top are lovely when rolled over but look a bit fuzzy normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

is it just my res or do the buttons on top look kinda blurry and hard to read?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not too bad at all. Clean, well spaced, easy to read. As others have said, the buttons along the top could do with a bit of cleaning - they're quite poor quality.

Also, some of the alignment of elements is a little off - see attached screenshot.
    I'm using Firefox 1.0 on 1280 x 1024 resolution.

Otherwise, not bad at all!
    :)

[Edit: actually, I think I see that you were going for an effect on the buttons, they're not bad quality, but whatever the effect is, it makes the text look blurry and digitised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The only criticism I would have is spelling and punctuation. Please fix it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

An issue I have with the site is the lack of consistency in font size and weight.

Some paragraphs are bolded and other paragraphs are not. Some are set to a size of 2, and then others are set to a font size of 8pt.

Homepage - er just navigation? C'mon give us something to read.

Dont like the style of the site, comparing the homepage to the rest of the site, for me throws off the look and feel of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'd remove the gallery if its a serious business venture. Doesn't scream professional :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kind of said before but anyway...
    The index page seems a bit empty to me but is still nice - text is too pixelated for my liking.
    Pages are too wide for my 800*600 screen @ work - site presumably is optimised for 1024 width.
    I agree about the gallery - if Im a potential corporate client, I don't care about Mack the dog, nor the slag on PC World, which possibly could land you in a bit of trouble).
    You also have different fonts in use on the site for what appears to be the same level text (services.html Vs virusinfo.html)
    Contact us - I expected to see a form here and there is only a phone number and non-linked email address. You also have a contact us button and email button - are both necessary?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

also - remove the Powered by Site Studio stuff at the bottom of each page!
    (Just looking at the source code of the site - there are thousands of blank lines put in presumably by this site maker - anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

sitestudio outputs its html like that - remember tis the old way of fooling people that there is nothing in the html file, unless they spot the scrollbar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

kbannon wrote:
    nor the slag on PC World, which possibly could land you in a bit of trouble).

Quite possibly indeed, but very funny!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

You can remove the sitestudio copyright message and image by putting your own site url into the offending box (in the back-end)

HTH, Stephen

ps: site looks pretty good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 phychobishop

Thanks lads,

with regards to the buttons, well i can't really change them as I'm using a backround template in sitestudio..

Must also proof read throughout and change some font sizes..

Thanks..

Advertisement