Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fatboy slim you w*nker

• 29-10-2000 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

hmm, well i think its oin the top 10

of course, i d0ont care as i hate the doors and think they are so over-rated.
    jim morrison was as good as kurt cobain, which is utter crap.
    of course, each to their own...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

very strong words for a sunday afternoon eamo! i think your being a bit harsh though. i don't like the doors myself but i think the fatboy slim track is good. as for you coments on curt cobain i think you have over stepped your mark there. so i've just broke your printer to get ye back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

noooooo he's just gone and butchered the great "Bird Of Prey" from An American Prayer by Jim Morrisson & The Doors.
    how could someone do that to such a great track (and album) .. just rip 5 seconds worth of lyrics out of it and then put it in such an absolute piece of crap?
    i just hope to god it doesnt do well in the charts so i never have to hear it.
    an unimaginable pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 redder88

If its any consolation, its said that anyone who covers or rips off the Doors is supposed to be haunted by the ghost of Jim Morrison.

bird of prey wasn't actualy o song in the first place it was a poem. and fat boy slim got permission from jim morrison's estate to use the sample. but haveing said that a lot of doors don't seem to like the new track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by stu_69:
    but haveing said that a lot of doors don't seem to like the new track.

i know a few windows that are insulted as well.
    god, what awful music

• Advertisement

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    i know a few windows that are insulted as well.
    ooooohh that must be some attempt at humour smile.gif

[This message has been edited by stu_69 (edited 31-10-2000).]

quote"Cook, who will retire from the public eye on "December 10" to be with his family, said he has received hate mail from Doors fans objecting to his sampling of Jim Morrison on recent single 'Sunset (Bird Of Prey)'. He said: "I wasn't aware that Jim Morrison was such a deity. I didn't realise. It's just a few anally retentive Doors fans, sending hate mail. I keep finding snakes heads in the bed when I wake up in the morning!" so thats waht he thinks.

so there!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Advertisement