Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Historic Opportunity

Options
  • 24-11-2004 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Bertie Ahern and Tony Blair are today meeting all the northern Parties to try and broker a Historic agreement that could see an end to the IRA and the establishment of a power sharing government for the North.

Ian Paisley has said there is a great opportunity available question is will he take it?

IMO never before have we come so close to seeing a full and final end to the IRA, people here are only too willing to bash SF at every opportunity however they have to acknowledge that without SF this opportunity would not be possible.

Lets hope we can secure a final lasting peaceful solution to the troubles of this Island.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Gawd I hope they do 'cause I say everybody's just fed up to the gills with all that up there.
    But I don't see it happening (well not this week any how). I don't see the DUP getting into bed with SF/IRA. The guys haven't even met face-to-face never mind about running a government. Don't see it happening.
    There's also too much Whataboutery involved. They don't seem to be able to commit to anything without first considering the Whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

irish1 wrote:
    IMO never before have we come so close to seeing a full and final end to the IRA
    Not since last time anyway.... :(

Advertisement