Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave - So slow last few weeks

• 24-11-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have ripwave and i has been soooooo bad the last 2 to 3 weeks. Initally the problem was that it was cutting out all the time, but now its just that it is so slow. Once a download starts i get decent speed, but the time it take to open any connection is up to 7 seconds. For example if i click on a link going to any irish website, it will stay on the "contacting host" bit for that time before i start recieving the page. The speed of the dns resoulution is not the issue as i have tried local DNS entries. it just seems like its gotten so slow on the server side.
    Does anyone know if they plan to resolve this as I have opened support tickets, but no responses!!
    I expect to close my account before weeks end if its not sorted!

Thanks

Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

Same problem here. Never had a fast connection, but last two weeks its been crawling along. Now the connection is cutting out every hour.

Sent an email to the helpdesk a week ago. Still waiting a reply.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Yes one my basestations 246 (3 Rock) .....is not providing me with a DNS Suffix (irishbroadband.ie) when I enable my ethernet port....

140 ( RTE east) does ....alot quicker!

To see it just run IPCONFIG from cmd window ...!

Can this cause the slow response ...any tech heads out there now the answer ?

Advertisement