Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Predictions?

• 24-11-2004 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

:eek: Ok Lads
    Lets have some calls on who's going to be drinking champagne and whos going to have tea?

All Blacks v France

Australia v England

Scotland v South Africa ca ca ca

Ireland v Argentina

I'm picking
    All Blacks
    Australia
    South Africa
    Argentina

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Straight results:

France
    England
    South Africa
    Ireland

I'm tempted by some of those handicap options now you mention them (not normally a betting man).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Lads did you not see France get rolled by the Argies?

The AB's have a lot to prove here and I doubt they will fail to deliver go the AB's :eek: agahaghaghaghaghaga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

as regards teh Argies will the win against France justified their trip and the hunger won't be there. The same argument could be made re: Ireland but I think they've moved beyond that...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Houllio

I reckon the All Blacks will find it handy enough against the French, after their terrible performance last week. The Irish should be well up for the Argies and they'll beat them, but they'll give us a good game. The aussie-english game will be the tightest of the lot, hard to say but i think the aussies will edge it. The poor scots willl probably get hammered again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

France:

NZ as against Wales - on that, a mediocre French side will destroy them 20pts+

France are incredibly inconsistant, don't underestimate them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

All Blacks v France - I'll go for the all blacks on this one. Dodgy performance against argentina. All blacks will be fired up for this one against france.

Australia v England - England will win this i think. OZ didnt do enough against a poor scottish side last week to even look like they'd beat england...

Scotland v South Africa - scotland are cr@p... SA will have to win this one

Ireland v Argentina - Argentina are tough oppostion, but I fancy ireland. It'll be close though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

have to Say NZ,Eng.SA and Ireland

Arg are goin to be next to near impossible to beat they are in great form.
    Money would still be on Irealnd because they seem to have the bit between the teeh.

:confused: :eek: :confused:
    daveirl wrote:
    :confused:

Ok Ok you obviously are obviously just looking for a rise. How many times has Ireland beaten the poxy little island in the Pacific?
    Who is the 1 in world rankings ?
    Who finished above Ireland in all of the world cups?
    The most overrated team in world rugby? you dont get overarted in a season they have a full squad playing this week end with Maxwell locking with Jack in the lineouts, Jerry Collins at 6 Rithchie Mcaw at 7 and a solid solid front row. I don't want to get inot the backs as we know whats out wide with Rocacoco Howlett and Muliaina. Wales by the way haven't beaten the poxy wee island inthe Pacific since 1953 thats a little bit longer than the last time Wales beat Ireland and more than likely do it again come February.
    Let the results speak on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Mungaman wrote:
    :confused: :eek: :confused::confused:

Ok Ok you obviously are obviously just looking for a rise. How many times has Ireland beaten the poxy little island in the Pacific?
    Who is the 1 in world rankings ?
    Who finished above Ireland in all of the world cups?
    The most overrated team in world rugby? you dont get overarted in a season they have a full squad playing this week end with Maxwell locking with Jack in the lineouts, Jerry Collins at 6 Rithchie Mcaw at 7 and a solid solid front row. I don't want to get inot the backs as we know whats out wide with Rocacoco Howlett and Muliaina. Wales by the way haven't beaten the poxy wee island inthe Pacific since 1953 thats a little bit longer than the last time Wales beat Ireland and more than likely do it again come February.
    Let the results speak on Saturday

see again you're refering to history as distinct from recent results. Ambitions need tweaking. NZ have managed to avoid the form teams on this tour. England? Ireland? The point DaveIRL was making was that if you look at the results and performances NZ have not been living up to their heritage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mungaman wrote:
    with Maxwell locking with Jack in the lineouts, Jerry Collins at 6 Rithchie Mcaw at 7 and a solid solid front row. I don't want to get inot the backs as we know whats out wide with Rocacoco Howlett and Muliaina.

(I know you said you I don't want to get into the back but)Don't foget the man with the magic boot , Carter , if France give away penalties he will punish them severely .

Watched the Wales V Japan last night.
    Think it makes a bit of a mockery of the game really.98-0 :o

Poor Japan were ran left right and centre,they hadn't a chance.
    Like Ireland and the US we were poor but still beat them.

Is there any point than to prove that we are better than under developed rugby nations.I dunno.Think they should have leagues setup.

I dunno like - Arg,Canada,USA and a few other on that side,then Fiji,Tonga,Samoa Japan and all them

Yes yes i know they have a league of sorts but would love to see them really be able to battle some of the super powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

I think the Scotland handicap is the Dodgy one. No way will the Boks let up on them. A narrow margin of victory will add even more to the shame of thier test tour

• Advertisement

Man i watched part of the France&NZ match. Never in all the time did i see France take such a hammering,damn NZ tore them apart.
    Just shows you can have all the flare in the world and lose but as Ireland proved the basics all be it ugly can win out ;)

daveirl wrote:

Jeez Dave I don't know who's beeing arrogant now?
    "BTW IRL have never won a world cup."
    That is a full strength All Black team its just the first time they have played their strongest line up on this tour. You could argue that they didn't take Merts or Spencer or Marshall but all three are long in the tooth and DC was bracketed at 10 twice this season. Anyway mud slinging apart have the grace to go back on your comments and agree that we all witnessed a great game with plenty of tries to boot.

Excellent vid Dave.Man did they looked pumped.Missed the 1st 20mins of the match.But you could see by the Haka and the way they played that they wanted a good scalp.How did SA beat them??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

wow that was intense to say the least :eek:

makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Great Stuff.

Dont suppose anyone knows where a person can download some of the weekends games? (a bittorrent site or the like, please pm me if you do)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

daveirl wrote:
    Hmmm, BSPlayer and Windows MP cant open it for some reason.

<edit> working now after whipping it through VirtualDub. Cheers, Dave :)

Advertisement