Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ditching Tv for SecondHand Projector.

Options
  • 24-11-2004 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

Tv is a budget 28 inch widescreen tv,in my bedroom.2 SCARTS,one rgb.
    Black Diamond/Mitsubishi..retailed at 350 euro.

Will sell it,probably over 200 euro.

Many projectors,are online...for less,even.Screens are cheap enough,to buy.
    Paradise....

One Question>How long do projectors last?.One bulb?...Say i would watch a movie twice a week.That is only 150 hours a year.

I hear most,if not all have more than 1000 hours,in a lamp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Most consumer projectors these days have between 3000 and 6000 hours bulb life, particularly the lower priced projectors. Top end projectors tend to have shorter bulb lifes, for reasons I can never quite figure out! Bulb life is related to how bright you set the proector up, if you have the brightness turned up higher than normal, life is shortened, and vice versa. Most of the time in a home setup the brightness remains close to 'normal' factory settings, and contrast is increased.

There are a few different ways to know when your bulb is on it's last legs, depending on the projector. On some projectors the image will gradually start to fade over time, getting dimmer. On other projectors there is no dimming effect, the projector simply shuts itself off when the bulb starts to fade.

You should check out the cost of replacement bulbs. They can range from €300 up to over €1000 for some projectors. Like buying inkjet printers, the cost of the consumables can add up to more than the unit itself.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭butch9850

I'm only looking for a short term solution,to quality home cinema.
    I would be ditching the projector after about 3 years.

So regards the bulb life,it wouldn't come into it,for me,probably..

Advertisement