Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new computer

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gismomarty

i got a P4 upgrade in Flor Griffin about 10 weeks ago never gave me a problem had a sony before that i had to bring it back to soundstore so many times what a load of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

i have to say after moving to cork i was really dissapointed with computer shops here. they all overcharge and have old products(like soundstore calling a 5500gfx a new and good graphic card??!!)the only place which isnt as bad i think is that budget office place near south infermiry hospital near the gala shop.
    i often find myself going to lim or waterford to pc world to get parts eg last week i wanted a joystick so i went to all the shops and only soundstore in blackpool had 1 really old 1, argos had 2 but out of stock so i went to lim to pc world and they over 15 available!

when i bought my pc i bought all the parts off komplett.ie and made it myself a lot cheaper and i love doing it. ps they also have ready made ones.

i just hope in the future some decent shops open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

do like the rest of us Corkonians do... buy online unless it's an emergency... Following up from my post on the dell outlet store, I can now report that I bought a pc from the store for a smidge over €800.. Spec is;

P4 3.4Ghz
    250GB Sata hard drive
    1GB DDR2 ram
    256MB ATI Radeon X800 PCI express graphics
    16x DVD+-RW
    Creative Audigy 2 soundcard
    and all the usual bits n' pieces

Like I said, buy nothing in Cork. PC World in Waterford (I actually bothered to pop in on the way past one day) hasn't got anything that great either. Big selection, disappointing prices. Having said that though, I'm disgusted that there wasn't a PC world or it's equivilent put in place in the new Mahon point sc.

Advertisement