Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: Texan boardsters

Options
  • 24-11-2004 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hey guys, i'm off to Austin for 2 weeks on business. I've a weekend to do stuff. Never been to the states so if anyone has things i should definately do while in Texas please post!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I wish I could help ya out, I have never been in Texas but if I were there I'd probably stand on the Border to Mexico and hop back and forth a few times to distract the guards while some Mexicans cross over :D
    it was thier land first afterall ;)

here is a link you might want to check out though ;) Have fun!!

http://www.touringtexas.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SpabSFW

Where did you end up going in Austin? What did you think of Texas?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Had a great time in texas, was workin weekdays 8-6 but went out for a meal every night to a different spot. The restaurants were unreal, i think i've put on about a stone. Went out on the town a few nights, sixth street mainly. Great town to go out in really, you'd need a few years to get around all the bars and clubs. The ladies were extra gorgeous for some reason. I think it must be the college thing.
    Went to san antonio for a high school football game which was really cool, cheerleaders, bands, the whole thing was mad. I always was sceptical of the game but once i saw it live i was hooked. Wish i couldve gone to an NFL game but there was none on at the time.
    I'd definetely go back to texas with my friends for a holiday to see more of the sights and try head west to cowboy country. If yer goin, rent a car, the place is too big, the bus service is impsossible to figure out and taxis are expensive. Petrol is cheap so a car is the only way to go, or a harley would be the business too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SpabSFW

Yep, Texas is HUGE, friendo.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip there. Austin is bascially known for it's restaurants and good live music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

Austin is known as the San Francisco of the south. I live south of it in Houston, and it is a damn sight better place to drop anchor. Pricey to live there though, but still not bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement