Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg to meet IrelandOffline

Options
  • 24-11-2004 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Just to keep everyone in the loop: ComReg is meeting with 3 members of IrelandOffline this Friday. There is a huge amount for us to discuss so we will probably not be able to cover everything that we need to be cover. Worry not though becuse it is hoped that this is the first of a series of meetings and interactions with ComReg.

We'll write up a report and post it here when we're done. Just be aware though that we may not be able to discuss everything about the meeting for various reasons. One main one is because if you had the ability to check the ip addresses of visitors to this forum you'll see that most of the players in the telco market visit here often and there are some things we'd like to keep in reserve for future "surprises". ;)

Damien.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

damien youd probably not be able to this at the initial meeting, but i was supposed to get a report from eircom on the state of my line, if i remember correctly it was requested by comreg, dont suppose you could bring it up even casually, because id still like to see it even though theres no chance of getting BB on my line id still like some info on why

Eircom said it was a line managers report, id do it myself but im not very popular around comregs offices at the mo

If you need any details ill pm them to you, just drop us a line

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

damien.m wrote:
    Just to keep everyone in the loop: ComReg is meeting with 3 members of IrelandOffline this Friday.
    Great news, Damien. We look forward to hearing how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Damien

I think that it is very important that you 3 go in there as equals, and square up to ComReg. They are responsible for regulating the market. You are (near as dammit) responsible for representing the interesting the interests of users, both business users and consumers.

Don't be shy.
    Don't be agressive.
    Be buiness like, polite, and very FIRM.
    Ireland needs broadband. And lots of it. In fact, Ireland needs Broadband for All. Ireland needs broadand in every townland and bogland and in every arsehole of nowhere. Go in there and help these people understand that plain simple fact. And energise them to get on with the job of delivering what Ireland needs.

There are over 3,000 of us behind you.

Show them your stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Folks,

is there any quick feedback you can give us on how the meeting went, was it positive, a sham or a waste of time for instance ?

Thanks

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Mr_Man wrote:
    Folks,

is there any quick feedback you can give us on how the meeting went, was it positive, a sham or a waste of time for instance ?

Thanks

M.
    Meeting was mainly an exchange of views, us getting to know more about how they work and what they can/cannot do - Damien will post more detailed report but prob not til Monday cos he's in Dublin for weekend for Boards Bash - depends how severe his hangover is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I only spent a short while at the Boards Beers. No hangover whatsoever.

We have not yet reported to the Committee on the meeting, so until that happens we can't give a full report.

A brief summary:

We met the following people:

Donal Leavy, Director Regulatory Accounts
    Tom Butler, Manager of Public Affairs
    Bobby Hannan, Manager Consumer and International Affairs,
    Paul Conway, Head of Interconnect and Access, Market Operations Division

It was productive in that we are still talking :) This was an initial first meeting so a lot was not going to covered but the rebuilding of a relationship with them seems to be moving forward. ComReg suggested that we meet on a regular basis, maybe a few times a year and that was welcomed.

More later once myself, John and Martin compare notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Any mmore detail available on the meeting ?

Thanks

M.

Advertisement