Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using phone7250i to connect to internet on computer

Options
  • 24-11-2004 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I have a 7250i on vodafone ready to go(prepaid)
    Problem: it fails to hold connection to remote computer and sometimes my own.

i dont have a phone line in the room of my computer and our phone line is disconnected(student), and all i need the is the internet on my computer for a few minutes.
    i have a infra-red on the pc and i have pc suite. it conects and recognises the phone ok and i can dial numbers through hyper-term.(i have win xp) however pc suite disconnects from my phone every so often which i can only fix by reducing the speed of the irda down to 9600 but that is not my problem.

i set up 2 different dial up networks. the 1st was using eircom which when dialled i got disconnected and the tone of number doesnt exist sound, which i put down to it being a mobile and maybe eircom doessent like mobiles connecting to it.

the other dial up i set up for vodafone wap, i set all settings to the 1s exactly in my phone (isdn v1.10, 9600, ip address, username password etc) and cannot get it to work. it connects to server, and starts to verify username and password and stays on for while then my phone hangs up, but the computer still displays verifying username and password.
    before this i did not set ip address, and when it went to verify password and username it said invalid username and password, although they were right(dublin,dublin) :confused:

please help as i dont know what to do now, ive tried everything i can think of. the only thing im iffy about is when i went to specify ip address the specify DNS also gets selected but i entered nothing in there as i didnt know what it would be for vodafone

thanks in advance

ps sorry if this has been answered many a time before but i had a look and i couldnt see any which could help me cause as far as i know i have all the settings right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, for Vodafone on pre-pay you should be able to connect to dial-up using these details:

Number: +353876202222
    Username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone
    IP and DNS are set on connection (so leave blank)

For ReadyToGo you should use ISDN V.110 at 9.6 kbps. Also, make sure that the correct modem driver is being used (i.e. the relevant Nokia Infrared modem driver)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

ill try again with vodafone as the username and password, but my phone and voda's website say to use dublin but ill try agian this evening. i set it to isdn in both nokia modem options and theh dial up modem options, and i have the correct drivers installed, 7250i Irda modem, thanks for the reply anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

but my phone and voda's website say to use dublin

hi, it sound like you are entering the WAP settings, whereas for a full Internet / ISP connection on the laptop you need to use their Mobile ISP details as outlined above...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

true i was, i didnt notice it was a different number dialled, thanks again! i would have looked like a tool cause i was going to try it again but with the wap dial up number. hope it works thanks! :)

Advertisement