Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When Do you Get that Christmas Feeling

• 24-11-2004 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Now we all know that some shops start to put the christmas gear out in sept and that the endless stream of toy adverts also seem to start around then too. Although I have constantly seen these it still hasn't felt like christmas is approaching. That all changed last nite when i was watching TV and seen the famous Coke-Cola advert "holidays are comin, holidays are comin......."

I'm wondering when do other people start to feel like christmas is coming?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Christmas Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

june 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I try to hold off the feeling until the 1st of December, but over the past two weeks it has been creeping in...

As soon as I find out how much time off I have. 23rd-4th Jan!

Yay I love working 9-5! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Driving home on Christmas Eve. And watching Willy Wonka! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Bah Humbug!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Humbug.

*Edit. Ahh, beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah the coke and budweiser ads usually signal the start of x-mas...

uummmmmm hamburgers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Papa Smut wrote:
    Yay I love working 9-5! :D

yeah you can't beat the 9-5
    i'm off the 22nd-4th jan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Usually it's December 23rd because it's the day I get the train back home to start the Christmas piss-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

not since about 1990 when I was 9

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Weekend before Xmas as I barge through shops, gift hunting. It's dark outside but the Xmas lights are on and the air is filled with the same damned tunes in repeat. But for the brief time I'm there, it works...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The coke ads do it for me every year. I can't wait for the polar bears to appear as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

The Coca Cola truck is in Waterford on Saturday :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Since the weekend I've been on a strict diet of Love Actually, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Bad Santa, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Groundhog Day, The Grinch... the list goes on.
    Funnily enough I don't feel the Christmassy thing yet.
    It usually hits me round the second week of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I normally go to Paris in the middle of November for 4 days - seeing all the Christmas displays there at Gallery Lafayette and Printemps...failing that, hearing FairyTale of NewYork (Pogues) or Spaceman (Chris De Burg) on the radio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Yeah usually the Christmas lights around the city center but not this year for some reason!

Havnt got the feeling yet, maybe when i see a christmas card or something! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I kinda get into the xmas buzz around my Birthday, December 13th. Thats certainly when the liver destroying begins anyway.

But for me, Xmas only truly starts on xmas eve (best day of the yr btw), and ends on the 28th. New years is a good excuse for a fgew drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

yom 1 wrote:
    yeah you can't beat the 9-5
    i'm off the 22nd-4th jan :D

nuts , im workin 12 hour shifts miles away from home on the 22nd 23rd 24th 25th and 26th , so this year im just gonna have to say bah humbug and hope that christmas feeling skips me for a year :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Yeah Christmas eve is good now allright!

Used to hate it when i worked in a pub because id have to work all that day which ran close to 16 hours!Used to be knackered on Christmas day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

yeah the coke and budweiser ads usually signal the start of x-mas...
    Hoildays are coming, Hoildays are coming, Hoildays are coming Tis the season ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You may have seen this

Certainly gets me in the xmas mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I don't really these days. When I was small it was always when ray darcy and the gang would show those podge specials or start talking about going to lap land. Good days they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Usually when the Christmas music starts being played in shops, but funnily enough they haven't started playing it in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

As I climb onto the Citylink on the 23rd / 24th ...

anyone working in a pub for x-mas??? i am :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

When the Toy Show is on and we put up the tree and decorations at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I usually get that Christmas feeling the first Monday in January when I go back to work and look at my bank balance and realise I can't eat for a few weeks until end of month/payday eek.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I organise the Christmas Party at work so usually once that's over I start feeling Christmassy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

People associating COKE with Christmas is a bit scary.

As for me, I only usually get that christmas feeling while im sitting on the jacks, severely constipated due to the crap ive eaten, with the bathroom door ajar listening to Raiders of the Lost Ark on the tv.

People associating COKE with Christmas is a bit scary.

As for me, I only usually get that christmas feeling while im sitting on the jacks, severely constipated due to the crap ive eaten, with the bathroom door ajar listening to Raiders of the Lost Ark on the tv.
    well coke do own santa!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Yeah but they robbed him on Pepsi. Ah imagine if only they had kept him, we'd have grown up with a blue santa................

"I've lost that Christmas Feelin', woooaa that christmas feelin'........"

hasn't felt like christmas ever since I found out Jesus wasn't real. Shock I tells ya!

Advertisement