Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sw: Kotor

Options
  • 24-11-2004 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

My brother bought this for me last Christmas, before I had a machine worthy to play it - after I got my new PC in march, I got about 8 hours into the game before being distracted by others. Recently got back into it again and last night got to the part with the twist...MAN I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! Did anyone figure that one out before it happened? That twist put the Usual Suspects twist firmly in the category of 'amateur'!
    What a cool game, hopefully I'll have it finishing in a few days. Any point replaying it to go down the Dark Side? Never been able to replay a RPG, even Baldur's Gate...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah that game really was amazing didnt replay it myself but i didnt go down either side exactly just went with whatever decision seemed easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

YES
    I replayed it Dark Side and it was a lot of fun. I did side quests I missed (like some of the bounty hunter stuff for that guy on Manaan), and generally got some cooler powers. What a kick ass game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

if your gonna replay it, you should use the padawan mod, which allows you to use force powers from the start. it's way more fun. great game, and i cant waith for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, it's a great game and the twist is up their with Final Fantasy VII's. Can't wait for the sequel which should be out sometime next month hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

great game it was... only downside was the stiff movement animation..... what I want is an rpg in the style of KOTOR with controls & doodaa's like jedi academy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Yeah, it's a great game and the twist is up their with Final Fantasy VII's. Can't wait for the sequel which should be out sometime next month hopefully.

Surely you must be taking the piss??!!

I am still playing GTA:SA, haven't even started on HL2 and now KOTOR2 is coming out?

I mean, WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think it was delayed, early next year is what I heard....

koneko wrote:
    I think it was delayed, early next year is what I heard....

Well it's gone gold and will meet its US release date of December 6. Lucas Arts always said 'December' for Europe, so we should hopefully hear something in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Any point replaying it to go down the Dark Side? Never been able to replay a RPG, even Baldur's Gate...

I replayed it three times because you can actually fly through it pretty fast when you get through the first part.

Dark Side is alright, the ending is definitly 2nd to the "light" side ending, and the story arc feels better. But its just fun to run around choking every one, and using lightning bolts and draining health etc - I played it using the force consular charater type and loved the kind of destructive things you could do - I had a far easier time facing the swarms of enemies near the end with the dark side powers than I did with the light, though I was using a Guardian so that could be it too.

That said the light side is more .... challenging. Dark side gets a bit cheap after your 100th bit of thuggish behaviour.

All that said, its definitly worth replaying because you can approach character building from a number of angles - I made a lot of mistakes setting up my characther the first time because I didnt take the time to understand what affects what and poured all my points into crap like strenth etc etc. Manual doesnt help becuase it omits to stress that dexterity is practically mandatory for Jedi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Picked it up during the summer, fantastic game. Played it right through and then started again straight away.

It's just the Xbox version that is out in December. PC version is February.

• Advertisement

Crap, Lucasarts have confirmed it won't be out here until February. Still, it might give me time to get through some of the backlog that's built up with GTA:SA, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

a great game best rpg iveever played i cant wait for the 2nd 1 it come sout on xbox (****e) on december 6th and i cant wait tfor the pc release of that game it will be soooo kool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

is it being released simultaneously for the pc this time?
    i'll be going to NY next week, so i'll pick up a copy for myself if thats the case...

first game was superb (and i'm not even an rpg fan!)

/edit
    ignore this, just read up a couple of posts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

same with me i dont like rpg games either but this game was just amazing

Advertisement