Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go On Cavan

Options
  • 24-11-2004 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Any Cavan People here?
    Come on noe dont b shy!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

You can count me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

woo hoo theres more than o0ne of us coool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i used to go to college in Cavan, have a few mates there. I go around town most weekends to check out the old haunts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

you mean you chose to go there from somewhere else? :eek:

amazing..

its not that bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

no, it's definitely not the worst..

actually thats about as good as my opinion gets on the matter. :p

I hear that Cavan town is a good spot on Thursday nights when all of the students are out alright (one of the best student nights out in the country according to some). I was only ever in Club OTO, it was good craic. But I hear the Imperial is far better. Must check it out sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I'm from Cavan.
    And the nights out in Cavan are occasionally good, not that often though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cavan man as well! went to college of knowledge but finished there in 99....living in Dublin now......usually when I go down I hit the Imperial or Black Horse for a few! good laugh!! wouldnt go out there every weekend thou!!

lads went to cavan myself its a good college thursday nights are fab mustangs usually does student specials and you can get 2 vodka n redbull for €5!!!
    n all shots are like 2.50 to 3.00 its ab fab ..........im a tru alco....
    The Imperials good but not if you dont have id!
    Club otos good but alot better on a sat night when upstairs and downstairs are open more places for ;);););) well you get d drift!

Also the best place in the world for fab middle of the night meal to warm you up and hopefully sobar you up enuff to get a taxi and manage to give him the right address!!!! adana kebabs come on down!!!

So big nelly+ruu wat u study what did you think of the Fab college of knowledge!

:D:D:D
    Do de do do
    This is about the biggest message that ive ever submitted you can tell im passionate about the subject at hand.....drink and food!!!! oh and drink

• Advertisement

i studied information processing (think its called something different now) :) it was fun but boring because it was pretty basic. Probably because ive been into computers since i was 10. I met a lot of cool people there and when my time was up i didnt want to leave. I know the current head of the college very well for quite some time now, he used to coach the football team in our town.

i did the multimedia production course and as you said have made many good friends!!
    we used to be with the ip class for certain lectures in the fantastic( sorry nonexistant ) lecture!!
    plus its always nice having a place to stay when you cant stand up ny longer!!
    The courses are quite good and the tutors are scareily good at what they do!!!
    Having my grad next week so should be a bundle of fun......... drink drink drink and drink with hopefully some drink thrown in!!!!

i lost most of my friends numbers when i left but caught up with 2 of them a few weeks ago. Have fun at ur grad :)

i stilll have the girls and lads numbers and was great seeing them one day when i was in cavan..... was a bit weird though cause it was like looking in from out side a looking glass they were all sitting in the same places doing the same things but i had moved on and started doing my degree. It was like being a stranger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 whatsgoin'on

Cavan Man and Proud of It! For anyone who thinks that cavan is a kip, I say **** off and take a trip to any of the following: Mullingar,Longford,Kells,Monaghan,Enniskillen or Carrick-on-Shannon. Then you'll really see a kip!

Funny how were stuck in the middle of them all.
    Everyone sing along now! :)
    Clowns to the left of me,Jokers to my right, Here I am stuck in the middle with you

Clowns to the left of me,Jokers to my right, Here I am stuck in the middle with you

whoo yah
    *does little dance*

Was in McMahon's bar there on Sunday. It's a lovely place, very nicely done up. If anyone is foolish enough to think that Cavan is a kip, they should check that place out.

I done IT and then Network and Software systems....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I'm from cavan as well, Ballyconnell to be precise! I know a good few people that went to the COK!

Haven't been out in Cavan in ages though, few people there i'm avoiding! hehe

Enniskillen IS an excellent spot to goto though!

Farlz

Lived in Enniskillen for over a year in 96!! was excellant spot then to head out in! used to be 97 pence for any drink in the club! great crack!! havent been out there since 99 thou!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I must still be half asleep I thought this thread said Go On Caravan....

Im a belburts gal myself
    locals are the mad ass and donohoes i usually end up n d shoes or farnham after that had some brilll nights out and will see to neone who tries to dis it!!
    The night is what YOU make it not where you are!!

I must still be half asleep I thought this thread said Go On Caravan....
    it can be whateva you want it to be!

I'm from Shercock myself. The Belturbet and Ballyconnell area is a nice part of the country it has to be said. One of my mates used to work in Belturbet he said its great craic at the weekends.

its mad craic i workd there for nearly 3 years its the bst whats your friend sname i mght no him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I know belturbet well, usually drink in donohoes or the mad ass, and to a lesser extent J O's.

Who you hang around with? I get on well with burbur and shovels and mcgurren and all them lads. Theres a good chance i probably know you :eek:

farlz

Farls wrote:
    I know belturbet well, usually drink in donohoes or the mad ass, and to a lesser extent J O's.

Who you hang around with? I get on well with burbur and shovels and mcgurren and all them lads. Theres a good chance i probably know you :eek:

farlz
    you probaly do
    which mcgurrens
    giv me a clue

its mad craic i workd there for nearly 3 years its the bst whats your friend sname i mght no him
    He worked in the Sporting Investments place (I think it's closed now)... His name is Philip or "Ógie" as plenty of people call him.

not sure names sounds familliar but ive had serious memory detoriation which the consumation of WAY to much alco
    Was the sporting investements place on the diamond do you know!

• Advertisement

Eh... I think its just off the diamond, it was just down the Ballyconnell/Enniskillen road. It was a bookies, and the sign was Amber and Green (Shercock colours ;) )

Advertisement