Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be European, play WoW in the States (how?)!

• 24-11-2004 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Alright, lots of WoW threads around with people saying they are buying WoW, or even playing it, on American servers.

I would love to do this, but I have no idea how to do it or where to buy it from.

So, first off I think this deserves a seperate thread.
    Secondly, I would like to know the places and prices you are buying it from, and also if you can pre-order the gameplay card.
    Finally, if anyone is currently playing this game in the states, without having used an American credit card, please please please tell me how you did that :)

Let's put our heads together and beat Blizzard antieuropean policy! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I'm interested to know too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

yeah its possible....

"i read on a wow forum that gamecards dont take effect until monday 29th Novemeber, apparently some europeans that are currently trying to register are being stopped by the verification process for a credit card, as its checking the billing address, and it must be in North America for it to work.

But its confirmed u can use gamecards, so i guess come monday you should be able to get around it by that, as they should have added the gamecard option to the signup process, with no way of them being able to verify where you are

one other thing is, even though u get 1 month free with the WOW retail package, when you signup with ur cdkey and name and all that stuff, u still need a gamecard or cc(NA-card-only) to be able to play at all, ud have to put in a fake address with the gamecard code but thats not too difficult

thats my theory and i hope it will work, gotta wait for someone to try first though!"

--
    secondly, it is being confirmed from numerous sources that you can use a euro cc but entering an australian postcode and phone number and be able to play away fine by doing that.

you can import the regular NA WoW from these shops, the Collectors Edition is somewhat scarce though

www.importmadness.co.uk
    www.dvdboxoffice.com
    www.gamestop.com
    www.cdromshop.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

im sure you can order a copy of the american version on www.play.com or amazon etc. then play on the us servers , like people did with daoc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

American websites wont deliver computer games outside of the US.
    Tis against the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ivan wrote:
    Tis against the law.

Regardless, they are doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

www.gamestop.com usually will deliver pretty soon, i know someone who has ordered games from there before, and has currently ordered 2 copies, one for himself and one for me and they are on the way now :D I should be playing by friday IF it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Ok first where to buy it .. try these

http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/home

they have the game instock as they just shipped a copy to a friend of mine today (as of about4pm)

http://www.sps-systems.co.uk/index1.htm

Game not instock and he isnt sure when he will get more copies

As for the cards they will not go on release untill Nov 29 in USA so it will take a few days for them to rech us ( the SPS site will email u the game card key before he mails the xard to you so u can play faster (check his message boards)

Now as for methods of paying, thats the tricky part

Sofar i hear that UK Visa cards are going through fine but not mastercard or any others all other EU credit cards are failing unless u use a US or Australia billing addy. Their are threads all about this all over WoW boards, ill have my copy in a day or so and will let u know how i get on.

The paypal system isnt up and running yet so we have no idea how that will work ???

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Thanks for the info so far, this is really good :)

I'm gonna hold out until people start getting their prepaid game cards, I want to see how it goes...

The EU suppliers are way over charging for the game cards right now :(

Im chattin 2 a canadian x-porter who may send them to me at a lower cost ill keep u posted...

Also everyone does realize that playing in US is cheaper then playing in EU..

Look at the monthly charges between US and Euro and then do a currency conversion on US price, we r being robbed again if we go europe, sigh they pissing me off allrdy and im not even ingame yet :)

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

the billing address issue is easy to get around when billing VISA CC info (mastercard does not work), put your real name your real street address then puy Newyork as state zip=10465 and chose USA country, use your actual CC number etc, it works fine.

The only way they can actually stop europeans is to block on IP, which they are not currently, the USA Aus restriction is lame anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Move to America, gain weight, rinse and repeat..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ivan wrote:
    Tis against the law.

your crazy, crazy and wrong

After two failed deliveries by UPS , i should have my game tommorow

UPS Ireland are the worst bunch of tossers in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

There's a bunch of us (well me, Memnoch and possibly some other boards peeps when they get their copies) playing Alliance chars on Eredar server.

Teeth.

Dustaz wrote:
    After two failed deliveries by UPS , i should have my game tommorow

UPS Ireland are the worst bunch of tossers in the world

i agree

they are retarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Amazon.com will not allow me to purchase any computer games from them, stating that it is illegal for them to export them from the U.S.
    *shrug*

Ivan wrote:
    Amazon.com will not allow me to purchase any computer games from them, stating that it is illegal for them to export them from the U.S.
    *shrug*

www.gamestop.com

www.importmadness.co.uk

www.ebay.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

to you guys that got it.. I'm considering getting myself a copy just curious to know is it laggy? and if so how bad.

zekiel wrote:
    to you guys that got it.. I'm considering getting myself a copy just curious to know is it laggy? and if so how bad.

depends on the server, i've been playing on erader and not 1 single second of a hint of lag for me.

but then i have broadband. So if u got DSL/cable go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Thanks for that, I've got bb and away I go! :D

• Advertisement

been playing for 2 days now peek and off-peak, lag isnt too bad at all...

Main prob right now are the servers constant restarts and a few probs with them, hope its sorted soon..

Misty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Bout 12/13 people on the eastern server Warsong for those interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'm in since late last night, on the erader server along with Teethy and Vinnie once I can find them!

I tried a U.S. address and three credit cards, AIB MC and VISA and Ulster Bank VISA all with no luck. Then I put in an ozzy address and my Mastercard worked just fine. I think they can check if a credit card really is US issue, but they don't seem to be able to check if it's really Australian :)

Low lvl gnome warlock called quozl at the moment. I was an undead warlock in OB so I don't know any of the gnome quests, pity as they'd be a good speed boost I'd say.

Greg

Advertisement