Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soutside-Northside, D4's, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Dr. Loon wrote:
    You're the bigger fool for taking him, or even this thread seriously.

Why am I a fool? He deserved a response to that nonsense....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The northside is pretty much a dump except for Sutton, Howth and Clontarf...
    no, no, no, that's not the north side, it's the "East Bay Area"!

I swear on my mother's life, I've heard this used a few times recently. Believe me people, we live in a nation of fúckwits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Were all form Dublin, lets just be friends.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Were all form Dublin, lets just be friends.:)
    As I was saying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

eh, wasn't this thread started by sayin that this stuff needs to stop? then it turned out to be a competition between north/southside with a bit of country/city thrown in for good measure.
    Maybe someone can start arguin again and go full circle.

Fact is, people should be sayin where they're from is the best! all this "lets live happily together" nonsense is a result of ppl saying how "Super PC" they are and therefore great! competition is good. accept it. if there was no rivalry, there'd be no fun. sure i slag me ma and da for bein northsiders! doesnt mean i hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

As far as I am concerned County Dublin in County Dublin!!
    Yes, but what about Dublin City!
    We all know that Wicklow is a lawless town of hoodlums.. they come up here, stealing our jobs and our womenfolk with their strange and mystical powers....

The fact is we have shítholes and nice areas intermingled.
    If you live in a "nice" area you still cant wander too far before you come to a shíthole and vice versa.

Personally I think North Korea is to blame, bloody scumbags started it all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Keyzer wrote:
    I have seen a lot of bullsh1t on boards but this guy takes the ultimate crown of uber @rsehole. Seeing as I am neither Protestant ascendancy class planter or Country folk, by process of elimination I am a peasant according to your generalisation.

Add complete @rseholes to that list and appoint yourself as the leader of the tribe, d1ckhead.

Here now man you really think I was serious! I was merely trying to ridicule the whole argument and prove that it is completely stupid to try and pigeon hole people!

You need to lighten up! :p

Superman wrote:
    Here now man you really think I was serious! I was merely trying to ridicule the whole argument and prove that it is completely stupid to try and pigeon hole people!

You need to lighten up! :p

Do you think we are mind readers?
    A "this is a joke by the way" at the end of your post would have let me know you were taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Keyzer wrote:
    Do you think we are mind readers?
    A "this is a joke by the way" at the end of your post would have let me know you were taking the piss.
    errr I got it..
    I assumed it was a pisstake. :cool:
    anyone else?

<this is not a joke>

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote:
    errr I got it..
    I assumed it was a pisstake. :cool:
    anyone else?

<this is not a joke>

Good for you...
    From some of the mindless pap I have seen on boards i could only assume the guy was serious.

Apologies for calling you an ah and a dh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

GreeBo wrote:
    The fact is we have shítholes and nice areas intermingled.
    If you live in a "nice" area you still cant wander too far before you come to a shíthole and vice versa.
    Ayee, fo' real.
    I think most people feel this on some level and need to highlight worse areas on the other side to ease the pain.
    Greebo wrote:
    errr I got it..
    I assumed it was a pisstake.
    anyone else?
    Yep, I thought it was a quality post :)

I reckon as we see the rate of newly built housing increase, this north/south generalisation will become even less true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Dr. Loon wrote:
    How do you manage up there with all the bombs and shít going off?

maybe add Killester, Raheny, Bayside, Portmarnock, and Malahide. Way to keep the generalisations going Jesus_that_gre!

Bayside?!?! Jesus Christ, have you ever taken a stroll through bayside? There's flats in bayside.

Raheny, well I've been down there a few times and there can be a fair few knackers about. Killester too.
    Portmarnock is 97% full of peasents who think that if they talk loike this, roysh, people will think they're megarich. Same goes for Malahide.

Upper Drumcondra is one of the better, and most expensive places on the Northside, besides Howth I'd guess.
    Keyzer wrote:
    Dunno where your coming from with this mate.
    Castleknock is a very wealthy area, lots of money people there, all you need to do is stand outside Myo's and watch the mercs/bmws flashing by. Wealth is synonymous with poshness unfortunately. And I have met quite a few people from Castleknock who are extremely posh and very pompous.

Like I said, many, if not MOST (more than likely most) people just think that, loike, being kewl and tawking loike ross, roysh will give off the appearence that they're mega cool and rich. Which I suppose they do to impress their equally peasent-class friends. Agreed it does have some really nice areas though. I suppose the thing going against it is that it's so big, the masses of rich cúnts have to deal with the masses of poor cúnts, and of course, Blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

This Northside/Southside thing is pathetic and im dumbfounded to hear people ares still going on about it in the year 2004 :eek: for the record im from North Dublin,am working class and speak with a normaL Dublin accent,no prententious posh accent,id consider myself to be fairly intelligent and will happily debate with anyone about anything,Dublin both North and South (and West :rolleyes: ) has its good areas and bad areas,im not one to go around judging people based on what area their from like some people,id suppose at a push if someone asked me what i thought was the worst area id probably say Tallaght but not everybody living there is like that..i hate prententious fcuks who think they are something they are not :mad: even worse are people who spoke with a normal Dublin accent and went to college and developed a posh accent,w a n k e r s of the highest order... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cavo

look the fact is northsiders are dirty filthy scumbags with **** all money.im a southsider myself and im proud of it.i couldnt give a **** if i was called posh or a d4 head cos the fact is im rolling in it and i enjoy a high quality of life.i dont wear addidas tarcksuits and nike air max every day.i can enjoy the finer things in life like armani,gucci and prada to name a few.i dont hang around on estates drinking cans and causing a nuisance.i go to trendy upmarket bars and drink expensive cocktails and score beautiful women.I also have not managed to get a girl pregnant at the age of 16,and if i do ever have kids i wont call them something ridiculous like deco or jacinta.

I dont give a sh1t, but if someone gives me static for being from the northside and they are from the southside they are blanked and treated with the respect I would give to a warthog. This stance would be the same if the roles were reveresed.

The accents thing is funny though - I knew a girl once who was studying medecine in Trinners, went to college on the Durt and drank Heino in Hoooogans. I thought she lived in a mansion or something, then seen her house one day, she lived in donaghmede. The inside of the house was a sh1thole, homeless people wouldnt live in it, she hadnt a pot to piss in.
    Its all an illusion at the end of the day.

One more thing - and this is not generalising or taking the piss out of people from the country - why do some people from the country move to dublin and almost immediately adopt a "roysh, like yah whatever" accent. This is not a true for the majority of country folk only a small minority.

• Advertisement

cavo wrote:
    look the fact is northsiders are dirty filthy scumbags with **** all money.im a southsider myself and im proud of it.i couldnt give a **** if i was called posh or a d4 head cos the fact is im rolling in it and i enjoy a high quality of life.i dont wear addidas tarcksuits and nike air max every day.i can enjoy the finer things in life like armani,gucci and prada to name a few.i dont hang around on estates drinking cans and causing a nuisance.i go to trendy upmarket bars and drink expensive cocktails and score beautiful women.I also have not managed to get a girl pregnant at the age of 16,and if i do ever have kids i wont call them something ridiculous like deco or jacinta.
    Your an arsehole and people like you make me sick,stuck up c u n t,i dont wear Adidas tracksuits or wear nike air max,hang around estates drinking cans,etc,etc, i wear designer clothes like Prada,Paul Smith,Armani,etc,i dont bother frequnting trendy upmarket bars as they are full of pompous twats like you,i studied in UCD the bastion of upper class people and have unfortunately come across your type many times,i am nothing of these things you say Northsiders are,i bet you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth,mummys boy who never done a hard days work in your life,your so full up yourself and wrapped up in your own pathetic existence,therefore you my friend in my book even worse than your scumbag who wears tracksuits and hangs around housing estates drinking cans,at least these kids have an excuse they come from poor families and poor backgrounds so life is a struggle so i can sort of half understand why these kids are like this whereas the likes of you are just pathetic... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is fun..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

It was his first ever post. So it's likely a joke. But if not, Cavo, it's a bit pathetic to sign up to Boards.ie just to tell us all what a d1ck you are. (And I know it's poor netiquette to point out poor grammar and spelling, but Cavo's post doesn't suggest much of an education in basic English either, so any Southside/'better schools' argument goes right out the window in his case...)

In any case, this debate has been around for eons, but suffice it to say, it only really applies among Dubliners. Many of those of us who live outside Dublin never see the difference between northsiders and southsiders, largely because there actually isn't one.

Plus, those who posted here that those from beyond the Pale are somehow less 'clued-in' really need to get a reality check.

The sentiments from the original post were completely lost in most of those that followed. You're all from Dublin, it's the same county. There are good and bad areas in both; there are posh and less-posh areas in both. Far as I can tell, there is rampant crime in both. You all have more commonalities than differences.

Get. Over. It.

[/rant]

doh.ie wrote:
    It was his first ever post. So it's likely a joke. But if not, Cavo, it's a bit pathetic to sign up to Boards.ie just to tell us all what a d1ck you are. (And I know it's poor netiquette to point out poor grammar and spelling, but Cavo's post doesn't suggest much of an education in basic English either, so any Southside/'better schools' argument goes right out the window in his case...)

In any case, this debate has been around for eons, but suffice it to say, it only really applies among Dubliners. Many of those of us who live outside Dublin never see the difference between northsiders and southsiders, largely because there actually isn't one.

Plus, those who posted here that those from beyond the Pale are somehow less 'clued-in' really need to get a reality check.

The sentiments from the original post were completely lost in most of those that followed. You're all from Dublin, it's the same county. There are good and bad areas in both; there are posh and less-posh areas in both. Far as I can tell, there is rampant crime in both. You all have more commonalities than differences.

Get. Over. It.

[/rant]

Here, here....

P.S - Cavo, you are the biggest idiot I have ever come across......

Good post there and i agree with you there is in reality no difference at all we are all from Dublin,i have friends from all walks of life and from all areas but they are not stuck up arrogant p r i c k s like that cavo,i should hope it was a joke but as i said i have come across people like this before,i remember before at a UCD ball all the posh knobs were out in force,one of them was caught dealing drugs, E`s i think it was by an undercover Garda,i watched as he bawled his eyes out and begged the cop not to arrest him as mummy and daddy would disown him (his exact words),etc,im not usually one to laugh at other peoples misfortune but it was hard not to have a chuckle at this..a pathetic sight indeed......... :D
    doh.ie wrote:

Get. Over. It.

[/rant]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

This is fun..

Isn't it great? We should have this moved over to the Thunderdrome and we'd have a great laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Superman wrote:
    Hmmm I sincerely doubt if you offered a big gaf for old one you'd take it!
    But i guess we can always pretend to believe ya.

No, I meant what I said. There are only four in my family and our house is perfect where it is and the size it is. It's a pretty large house- it used to be in flats- but it was in an awful state when my parents bought it, when I was born we all lived and ate in one room but my parents are hardworking determined people and managed to get enough money to fix it up. Now why would I want an even bigger house ages away from town when I could stay in my house 15 minutes from the city centre?
    Superman wrote:
    This is where your argument loses any sense it had, you know they call them deck shoes for a reason! There designed for when your out on your triple deck yacht. ain't many of them in castle knock.

Yes there are sooooooo many triple deck yachts in Ranelagh. My mum's side of the family are from Cobh in Cork so there is a strong sailing tradition there which is why my mum bought me the shoes. (That and the fact that it was the day before school started again and I was desperately in need of school shoes)

Finally, I know loads of people have said this before but some people *stares accusingly at some people* don't seem to get it. Yeah there are scumbags in the North and Southside, yeah there arwe stuck-up pretentious knobs on both side but, and this is the important bit, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONFINED TO ONE OF THESE STEREOTYPES. There IS a happy medium.

Peace and Love to you all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm not racist at all, in fact, some of my best friends are southsiders.
    No wait... I'm getting this all mixed up...

Your an arsehole and people like you make me sick,stuck up c u n t,i dont wear Adidas tracksuits or wear nike air max,hang around estates drinking cans,etc,etc, i wear designer clothes like Prada,Paul Smith,Armani,etc,i dont bother frequnting trendy upmarket bars as they are full of pompous twats like you,i studied in UCD the bastion of upper class people and have unfortunately come across your type many times,i am nothing of these things you say Northsiders are,i bet you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth,mummys boy who never done a hard days work in your life,your so full up yourself and wrapped up in your own pathetic existence,therefore you my friend in my book even worse than your scumbag who wears tracksuits and hangs around housing estates drinking cans,at least these kids have an excuse they come from poor families and poor backgrounds so life is a struggle so i can sort of half understand why these kids are like this whereas the likes of you are just pathetic..

its not my fault im loaded and its not your fault you are a filthy knacker from the northside.So what if you studied at ucd,you probably only got in because of the northside opportunities scheme where they allow the ten cleverest scumbags into certain colleges around dublin.And as for not having done a hard days work my friend,i am currently running my own business and i am earning more money than you ever will.You dont even have two pennies to rub together so you just end up stealing and mugging people to fed your filthy drug habit.Anyway enjoy your life and im sure you will end up in mountjoy over the next year or so with a needle in your arm

positive rep for cavo :D

If anything it's funny. Yet I bet a few people will still feel the need to reply with scathing "YOUR A D1CK" comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can we not just give it all back to the english and tell them were sorry for making a mess of the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I from the 'mun and proud of it (although it is going through a minor change at the moment :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

this debate makes more sense if u rotate the axis and consider an east-west debate. eg blackrock-howth have more in common than blackrock-tallaght.

cavo wrote:
    its not my fault im loaded and its not your fault you are a filthy knacker from the northside.So what if you studied at ucd,you probably only got in because of the northside opportunities scheme where they allow the ten cleverest scumbags into certain colleges around dublin.And as for not having done a hard days work my friend,i am currently running my own business and i am earning more money than you ever will.You dont even have two pennies to rub together so you just end up stealing and mugging people to fed your filthy drug habit.Anyway enjoy your life and im sure you will end up in mountjoy over the next year or so with a needle in your arm

I seriously doubt this - With an attitude like yours who would want to do business with you, never mind work for you?

Your probably running some cr@ap daddy threw your way to make your life seem meaningful in some way. Your grammar and the language you use here indicates to me that you couldn't that you have the intelligence of a retarded goat, so it seems unbelievable that you are running any business.

That said, I find people like you amusing, like a clown so to speak.

Unfortunately, for you and not for the rest of us, is that you'll never learn or understand, due to the intelligence level mentioned above that I have labelled you with, is that you are a maggot, the sh1t on the sole of Dublin Society's shoe, the lowest form of human life in Dublin.

Enjoy your sad, "born with a silver spoon" existence, who knows, hopefully some day you'll say the wrong thing to the wrong person and subsequently receive the hiding of a lifetime that you deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

$Leon$ wrote:
    this debate makes more sense if u rotate the axis and consider an east-west debate. eg blackrock-howth have more in common than blackrock-tallaght.
    Yes I agree there has been a paradigm shify over the last few years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The bitterness in this thread.

cavo wrote:

im not even going to furnish you with a reply to this as you are obviously a wind up merchant who lives in a dream world..run along there now..... :rolleyes:

So what you guys are saying is, there is absolutely no foundation to the theory that the Southside is a nicer place? Are crime levels worse, property prices higher, general upkeep better, public transport better, etc...??

Property prices are exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Man, Cavo is funny. Was forced to give him positive rep. Keyzer, think you managed to miss two wind-ups in one thread, that must be record!

Enjoy your sad, "born with a silver spoon" existence, who knows, hopefully some day you'll say the wrong thing to the wrong person and subsequently receive the hiding of a lifetime that you deserve.

Hmm silly northside attitude again thinking that you have to resort to violence to solve a problem.Thats why the majority of you filth are in mounjoy picking up soapbars in the shower.Scumbags the lot of you.I suppose ur dads in jail and ur moms an alcoholic?How embarassing.My dad drives a ferrari and my mom is at the top of the society ladder

ionapaul wrote:
    Man, Cavo is funny. Was forced to give him positive rep. Keyzer, think you managed to miss two wind-ups in one thread, that must be record!

I don't think this buffoon is winding people up, I have come across a few people like this before.

cavo wrote:
    Hmm silly northside attitude again thinking that you have to resort to violence to solve a problem.Thats why the majority of you filth are in mounjoy picking up soapbars in the shower.Scumbags the lot of you.I suppose ur dads in jail and ur moms an alcoholic?How embarassing.My dad drives a ferrari and my mom is at the top of the society ladder

Little man, little man....
    I wouldn't lower myself to violence, but I would standby and enjoy the entertainment of watching you taking a beating...

No more responses from me, your not worth the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

cavo wrote:

lol

This is unreal stuff from a Walter Mitty type of character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Okay, so you've got the northside, the southside, the westside and the easy bayside. But not one of them has a Tesco as nice as the one in Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I don't really have any problems with the whole North-South thing. Perhaps because I've never experienced any consequences of it. I have no traits of either generalisation (e.g. A cap at 90 degrees, casually wearing a rugby jersey (which I must say looks stupid)). I do however hate it when it's taken serioulsy. I remember a website that was a completely Southsider ****'s temple of descrimination. If I find the link I'll post it.

Anyway, yeah it's stupid and sometimes can get out of hand.

Has anyone here experienced judgement because of there D(insert number here) situation?

P.S. Go Drumcondra!!

Folks this idiot cavo is obviously on a wind up so better to ignore him and his pathetic posts,he`s full of bull****.....

Keyzer wrote:
    Little man, little man....
    I wouldn't lower myself to violence, but I would standby and enjoy the entertainment of watching you taking a beating...

No more responses from me, your not worth the time...

well put mate.........
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

To be perfectly honest, loike, I wouldn't sully my focking dubes crossing the Liffey! I wish those focking northsiders would stop jumping the fence, they have Visas for a reason you bloody lobsters!
    Props to Cavo, hope you like, totally fulfill your dream of becoming a lawyer! Anyone got a problem with me, I'll see you at the focking Leinster match you shoits :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Stereo-types will always exist - the trick is not to belong to them and yet blend in... Understand this paradox and you will understand that you are likely to at least be called a pretentious twat for using a word like paradox here on the Northside :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Keyzer wrote:
    I don't think this buffoon is winding people up, I have come across a few people like this before.

AFFLUENCE!

I say yah to D18.. splendid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

its not my fault im loaded and its not your fault you are a filthy knacker from the northside.So what if you studied at ucd,you probably only got in because of the northside opportunities scheme where they allow the ten cleverest scumbags into certain colleges around dublin.

Hahahaha, this cavo person is hilarious. :D

And anyways, this whole Northside/Southside thing is a waste of time. Anybody with even a SHRED of sense knows that ALL Dubliners are scum, regardless of postcode. :)

Culchie pride!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

cavo wrote:
    ook the fact is northsiders are dirty filthy scumbags with **** all money.im a southsider myself and im proud of it

yawn ... i see we have boards.ie's newest troll account.
    cavo wrote:
    i couldnt give a **** if i was called posh or a d4 head cos the fact is im rolling in it and i enjoy a high quality of life.

what is it with snobs and their inability to use capital letters, fullstops, commas and non txt spk?
    jonny68 wrote:
    Your an arsehole and people like you make me sick,stuck up c u n t,i dont wear Adidas tracksuits or wear nike air max,hang around estates drinking cans,etc,etc, i wear designer clothes like Prada,Paul Smith,Armani,etc,i dont bother frequnting trendy upmarket bars as they are full of pompous twats like you,i studied in UCD the bastion of upper class people and have unfortunately come across your type many times,i am nothing of these things you say Northsiders are,i bet you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth,mummys boy who never done a hard days work in your life,your so full up yourself and wrapped up in your own pathetic existence,therefore you my friend in my book even worse than your scumbag who wears tracksuits and hangs around housing estates drinking cans,at least these kids have an excuse they come from poor families and poor backgrounds so life is a struggle so i can sort of half understand why these kids are like this whereas the likes of you are just pathetic...

well i did say cavo was a troll account, didnt I?
    cavo wrote:
    ts not my fault im loaded and its not your fault you are a filthy knacker from the northside

a misinformed troll account at that. You should take a trip to the likes of drumcondra and malehide, some of the richest people living in those areas i might say. actually I have come accross some of the biggest scumbags that came from the southside with their dort accents. they are more likely to rob the eye out of your head than any resident of any corporation estate. the difference is that those living in the estates are more likely to look out for each other while those from "affluent" estates all they think about is me me me.
    cavo wrote:
    So what if you studied at ucd,you probably only got in because of the northside opportunities scheme where they allow the ten cleverest scumbags into certain colleges

creating a troll account is one thing, starting a personal attack on a user of these boards is another, and there is no such scheme for persons from the northside to the best of my knowledge. They have to go through the CAO/CAS system just like everyone else. I went to school in north Dublin and had to do the CAO thing. there were people from estates as diverse as darndale, artaine, malehide, and raheeney in my school and they all had the same application process when applying to college.

you owe someone an apology, and it better come quickly.
    cavo wrote:

as tempting as it is, whether you are a troll or not, a personal attack on you from me is not a good idea. If these are your real views then come in using your real original boards name, if not then you are spinless.
    P.S. Go Drumcondra!!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes I have as it happens.. Have been in pretty much every part of the northside in the past year.. I work and live on the southside but my work brings me over to Coolock/Clonshaugh, Contarf/Fairview and the City Centre. Am also originally from near the border so have to go through the northside everytime I want to go home..

The northside is pretty much a dump except for Sutton, Howth and Clontarf..

Southside has Foxrock, Leopardstown, Blackrock, Booterstown, Donnybrook, Ballsbridge, Cabinteely, Ranelagh, Rathmines...... Want to continue?

I personally dont care which is nicer but face up to the truth of it..

Ye well, I am from Blackrock and now live in Cabinteely. And well, Cabinteely is a ****ing dump unless you live in the estate with the apartments i.e. St Gabriels.

Blackrock is a ****ing dump too. There is nothing special about Blackrock.

The only decent places in Dublin where I can think of are Foxrock Village or Dalkey/Killiney.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement