Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You guys remember "whipping boy"??

Options
  • 03-11-2000 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

so do you?? Best irish band I ever heard. If you're lucky enough to own a copy of "heartworm" then you'd know what I mean. If you dont have it, then try their new(ish) self-titled album. they've split since '98(took two years to get album out frown.gif) but by christ were they good......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I seen them supporting the frames in galway a few years back and wasnt impressed. I liked 2 songs(i think the ones they released) but didnt think much of the rest. Then again some bands just dont do well live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

ouch. I have some live tracks of em and thought they were fine..... the singles off heartworm were "we dont need nobody else", "twinkle", and "when we were young". all did well , but not well enough, stayed just out of UK top 30. All credit to the frames(i really like em), but they also supported the pumpkins and Lou Reed(who was a big fan), on european and US tours.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The_Elf

did the lead singer used to wear glasses?? cause im pretty sure that they reformed under a differet name i think they lost one of the band members.cant think of the name of the band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Brilliant Band, Brilliant Album. I saw the live in Galway as well (though they were on their own)during a rag week and the were excellent.

I actually just dug heartworm out last weekend and i've been listening to it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Total $hite - I saw them about twenty times supporting every friggin indie gig I went to from about 1992 to 1995 - b0llocks every time.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Total $hite - I saw them about twenty times supporting every friggin indie gig I went to from about 1992 to 1995 - b0llocks every time.

Gwan Castor...why dont you say what you really mean...stop holding back and trying not to offend anyone... tongue.gif

btw, they truly were sh1te..

LOL. no they havent reformed. guitarist and bassist r working together and drummer and singer working together on diff projects. you would have to wonder how much of a chance ye gave them.....never rag on a band unless you have heard a good bit of their work. tho not surprised they were dodgy from 88-93/94, they wudnt have known a tune if it bit em on the ******.u have latest album CB??
    u shud email paul page, sound guy.

p.s troy u must be a very angry boy tongue.gif
    deep breaths!!

Originally posted by bugler:

p.s troy u must be a very angry boy tongue.gif
    deep breaths!!

Hell hath no fury like a Castor who is reminded of Whipping Boy just as he had almost succeeded in erasing them from his mind smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i thought Heartworm was fairly good tbh, i throw a gauntlet in your general direction, mr troy

btw, browsing on a T1 is quite an experience smile.gif

blimey that were me 2000th post. btw you can throw all the gauntlets ye want from Toronto ya soft northern ponce :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Whipping Boy were DIRE. Gah.

On a related note, going to see Therapy? next week in Portsmouth... Saw them before, years ago. I'm wondering if they've actually done any new songs since smile.gif

Oh shinji.........I just dont know what to say to you. They am the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

I saw a mention of the Frmaes up there somewhere, Amore suitable candidate fro the greatest Irish band around, But if you wnat an amazing live gig Then go see Watercress!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Whipping Boy - I really liked. Haven't listened to Hartworm in quite a while, but I was suitably impressed.

Therapy? - RULE THE PLANET! Their gig in the Olympia about 8 months ago absolutely blew my mind! OMFG They rule!!! wink.gif
    I've been listening to their "best off" all day long. What a band!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Watercress. excellent live band.
    i heard a single of their a few years ago and i didn't like it but then i stumbled into Cuba*live in Galway about 18 months ago and they were playing, it was definitly one of the best gigs i've been to.

Then again I was very very drunk!

Advertisement