Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brickytool

• 24-11-2004 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Have any of you people used the "brickytool" saw it advertised on tv about a year ago - havent seen it in shops for a while and the www.brickytool.com is down, but it's still available on the web.

opinions, thoughts, etc., ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Costelloe's hardware, patrick st, dun laoghaire had them recently. dont know if they still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 chippie

hello
    the guy that invinted it lives not to far away from me Carrigaline //Ballygarvan area I haved worked on a lot of sites in last few years but never seen that tool on site . Must admit have seen them in shops and stock seems to be moving but who is buying them .If u have a brick job to do you have 3 choices (1)buy your trowel and do a bad job . ( 2)buy a bricky and learn how to use it and do a good job (3) Hire a brick layer and pay a fortune My advice is buy a bricky ,there is nothing nicer than doing a nice job you can allways say i done that best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

chippie wrote:
    hello
    the guy that invinted it lives not to far away from me Carrigaline //Ballygarvan area I haved worked on a lot of sites in last few years but never seen that tool on site . Must admit have seen them in shops and stock seems to be moving but who is buying them .If u have a brick job to do you have 3 choices (1)buy your trowel and do a bad job . ( 2)buy a bricky and learn how to use it and do a good job (3) Hire a brick layer and pay a fortune My advice is buy a bricky ,there is nothing nicer than doing a nice job you can allways say i done that best of luck

Saw a couple of demos at RDS, Ideal Homes etc.....Guy made it seem very easy.But note it is only for 4" work, ie no 9" cavity blockwork.. . still looks impressive....I did notice that his mortar vas very firm, not as soft as brickies use, maybe thats why his jointsn and pointing are perfect. Also his "specials" of the day.....same price as from website with free postage.

Regards
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭piet

Does anyone know where to get this brickytool, besides ordering it on their website? B&Q, Woodies, Brooks, Chadwicks orso?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Not sure where to get one now but they used to have them in Chadwicks. I had one and lent it to a work colleague who was building his own extension. He raved about it. He did the first two rows without it and they weren't great but with the rest he used the bricky tool and he said they were spot on. Saved him a lot of time as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Saw them in Mc Quillans in Capel St today, about €40 as far as I remember.

Ive only just seen this absolute genius invention advertised on tv last night. its one of them inventions where you kick yourself and say, "God why the hell didnt i think of that!". probably more demand with diy enthusiasts as opposed to professional block layers. the line tool and pointer are pretty excellent too.

no doubt if it was originally presented to the dragons on dragons den, sarah would probably say, "well i don't know anything about block laying so im declaring myself out". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Wouldnt be seen dead with one.

Perhaps a good idea for someone wanting to lay a few blocks or bricks, but its not feasable to use in a building envirnoment

I worked in a hardware store for years. We sold 3 in about 4 years

snyper wrote: »
    Wouldnt be seen dead with one.

Perhaps a good idea for someone wanting to lay a few blocks or bricks, but its not feasable to use in a building envirnoment

I worked in a hardware store for years. We sold 3 in about 4 years

your probably right in that sense that its a diy/hobby tool unfeasible for pro brick layers but i love the concept. it eliminates waste and it encourages people who otherwise have little or no DIY skills to get into it like mise :pac:

Advertisement