Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoardsWiki

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

oops just found out from this wiki that i neg repped one of cloud's students recently ... oops :eek:

oh yeah almost forgot

cloud9.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hobbes wrote:
    Put them in a seperate list below the main list.. like

==Other cards==
    ...etc,

?

Elitism.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What I mean is a seperate section. Rather then mix them with the current list if you are going to do that.

Although you would be better off just leaving the link to the thread. Save you a lot of heartache.

Meh, heartache, If it's worth having the new cards at all it's worth having them there in full.

It'll take a bit of time tho :P .

I am not sure what you mean by the elitism logo. They are seperate cards and not hosted on boards. The ones in the list are taken from the gathering page.

The others I would assume an unofficial list until such time they get added to the gathering page, although someone should be doing that for a fair few of them.

Also if you create a page for each of the unofficial cards you have the chance that the picture will disappear from its hosted site.

.. I also didn't create all the official ones. You will see that a number of them have a generic description and should be filled out and attributed to the author.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote:
    Girls don't know how to use computers.

I think you'll find that comment incorrect.............. :p

CuLT wrote:
    Meh, heartache, If it's worth having the new cards at all it's worth having them there in full.

It'll take a bit of time tho :P .

I see a small problem here boys. The cards on the gathering thread in photoshoppage are not hosted on boards.ie. they could end up being deleted if the user hosting them runs out of webspace.

you will need to have them all moved to the one folder on boards.ie if you are going to include them in the wiki, otherwise people are going to be following a load of dead links in the future.

Hobbes wrote:
    I am not sure what you mean by the elitism logo. They are seperate cards and not hosted on boards. The ones in the list are taken from the gathering page.

The others I would assume an unofficial list until such time they get added to the gathering page, although someone should be doing that for a fair few of them.

Also if you create a page for each of the unofficial cards you have the chance that the picture will disappear from its hosted site.

.. I also didn't create all the official ones. You will see that a number of them have a generic description and should be filled out and attributed to the author.
    I'll rehost them myself so.

CuLT wrote:
    I'll rehost them myself so.

why don't you just ask Devore/Cloud or any of the other admins just to host them? Give them a list (which I suspect has what has stopped them from bother to this point). That way they will get added to the img generator as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I see a small problem here boys. The cards on the gathering thread in photoshoppage are not hosted on boards.ie. they could end up being deleted if the user hosting them runs out of webspace.

you will need to have them all moved to the one folder on boards.ie if you are going to include them in the wiki, otherwise people are going to be following a load of dead links in the future.

Whoever makes the cards should have a copy in their boards user webspace, no?

• Advertisement

Whoever makes the cards should have a copy in their boards user webspace, no?

Hosted in various places. Would be better to move them to boards so they don't go the way of [wiki]KEVO[/wiki].

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Another small suggestion:

I can see myself making many links to wikipedia itself. Do you know if it's possible to create markup like [GoToWiki:article_name] so we don't have to type in the full Wikipedia url? Pure timesaver, just something that I thought of.

:)

[wiki] article name [/.wiki]

take out the dot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Hobbes wrote:
    why don't you just ask Devore/Cloud or any of the other admins just to host them? Give them a list (which I suspect has what has stopped them from bother to this point). That way they will get added to the img generator as well.
    I'll do up some pages for the one's I've created anyway, seeing as I know the background behind them. I'll alter the links then when they're re-hosted.

[wiki] article name [/.wiki]

take out the dot
    Heh, no actually in the Biki itself, to allow us to link easier to wikipedia.org for stuff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

so anyone can basically edit stuff, even a low level person like me?

Cool off i go to edit stargate sg1

so anyone can basically edit stuff, even a low level person like me?

Cool off i go to edit stargate sg1
    Read up a bit on Wikipedia.org for standard conventions for linking and formatting.

Makes everyone's life easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd never believe this stuff if there wasn't links to the threads. ROFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It seems to be taking off really well at the moment, influenced by a lot of time and effort by Hobbes and Seamus. How many pages are we up to now?

Lets be real nerds and analyse some statistics!

I've added a temporary solution for the new gather cards so far; will be a damn sight easier to use them at least :) .

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    I've added a temporary solution for the new gather cards so far; will be a damn sight easier to use them at least :) .

Nice Cult! :)

I think anyone who owns the card should then update the index with the history and their card as well. It seems to imply that the list above is all mine when it isn't.

Absolutely, and BoardsWiki is for editing by all, so none of you have any excuse for not adding a description ;) .

Will have to edit The Gathering thread in Photoshoppage to reflect this...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Cult, just create a new members account and PM me the details of it. Throw new cards into it so that we know where to look every now and again (or when we're poked about it) to add them to the main list.

Done & done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

How do you actually create a new topic? The only way I can see to do it is to put a link into an existing topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

I eventually copped that. was wondering if there was an option to do it instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

This is excellent. It is like having a Hitchhiker's Guide to Boards :)

entries I did:

http://boards.ie/wiki/index.php/pwd
    http://boards.ie/wiki/index.php/S10
    http://boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Flammableboy

I'm not s10 or flammableboy btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Intriguing. I like this new toy. I shall have to play with it some more... Thank you, nice admin peoples!

Edit: Ooh, and easy to use, too..Go team [wiki]Sarky[/wiki] \0/

Advertisement