Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gatway (F5D7230-4)

Options
  • 24-11-2004 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

What a piece of crap.

Can anyone tell me if they can get the virtual server (port forwarding) to work consistently?

Initially it just wouldn't save the settings. Then I discovered after some hunting around that it's something to do with the browser. So I downloaded Firefox (after trying with IE). Success. Now neither can save the settings. I've cleared out the cache, cookies, etc.

My only alternative is to use DMZ but I don't want to keep enabling/disabling it as I need it.

I picked this thing up in PC World. Yeah I know but after Elara continually cocking up an order for a Linksys device I lost confidence in online trading so I just walked into the nearest shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Inching forward.

If I disable my firewall (Kerio) the settings are saved so it doesn't appear to entirely browser related.

Now that I've set the stupid thing up it doesn't work. I'm trying to set up Bittorrent and I've opened 6881 through to 6999 on both UDP and TCP but I never see green. If I DMZ my machine all is well. Here's the procedure I pretty much followed.

I'm using DHCP so next step is to statically assign my IP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

No dice.

Went back to DMZ and into Kerio to see what ports people are using and they are well outside the 6881/6999 range. I guess some ISPs are shutting down those sockets and people are using alternatives so I'll probably eventually see green with a 6881/6999 range configured but I was grand with another router on DSL. I'm now on NTL cable and using this Belkin thing.

I'll try setting up an FTP server and try accessing it from work tomorrow but if anyone can shed any light I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement