Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

auto to manual?

Options
  • 24-11-2004 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hi folks

is it viable or possible to convert from auto to manual?

on another note, my car is a write off, the breakers yard wanted 50E to take off my alloys, i kid you not

the scum took the lock nut key. i get them off next week, will the scrap owner still want 5o if i take them off?

what value will i get for my civic esi, 1994? the breaker said hold out for a second offer?? (from insurance co)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

its possbile to convert auto to manual buts its really really expensive and not worth the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

not worth it , you will need good few bits and it will take some time

this includes gearbox , one of the driveshafts , gear changing equipment , pedal box, fly wheel ,new clutch clutch linkage , clocks as they have gear display, some other bits including some wiring and on top of that depending on the model ECU have to be remapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

on another note, my car is a write off, the breakers yard wanted 50E to take off my alloys, i kid you not
    He wanted €50 just to remove them, or he'd take €50 off the price he'll give you, if you remove the wheels?

The latter deal is good, the former definitely is not :)

Advertisement