Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Four free for 30 days !!

• 24-11-2004 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Film Four are doing a deal for Sky digital residential customers, who are not already Film Four subscribers, to get Film Four free for 30 days.

Tel: 0044800 44 1234 and quote FC24 M001.

Offer closes 31st December 2004.

Can confirm it works as I just used the code! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I think I'll wait so the 30 day trial will run over xmas

Thanks for the heads up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

yeh thats the best idea alright, but I could not wait, the best football movie ever made is on Friday at 6 pm, "Those Glory , Glory days " had too go for it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

huh! wrote:
    Film Four are doing a deal for Sky digital residential customers, who are not already Film Four subscribers, to get Film Four free for 30 days.

Tel: 0044800 44 1234 and quote FC24 M001.

Offer closes 31st December 2004.

Can confirm it works as I just used the code! :D

Thank you, just called and Walla!!! Film 4 free 4 the month. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

After the month do they automaticly cancel it?
    or do they start charging you ?

You have to ring back and cancel it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

huh! wrote:
    yeh thats the best idea alright, but I could not wait, the best football movie ever made is on Friday at 6 pm, "Those Glory , Glory days " had too go for it! :cool:

This is the best advice seen on the boards in a long time. All praise to you. And for real suffering Spurs fans and football lovers everywhere, here is a fantastic film. Fantastic deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Not wishing to be negative, I think Film Four is a major waste of money.
    The films they show are often on terrestrial a week or two either side of the film four transmission. They also show the same three films all week. Big deal.

The reason for deals like this is because they cannot get the subscribers. They are just hoping a lot of people forget to cancel after they subscribe for the free month! It is sharp practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... it's not great. But it does give you another option of something to watch each night. And the older films it shows are generally a much better mix than what you get on Sky Cinema.

And it costs about the same price as copy of Empire Magazine each month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I hope to unsubscribe is not as much hassle as Sky Movies/Sports etc.
    in that you have to call on the day it expires otherwise you are going to be charged for another month. I believe that you have to send it in writing to sky to cancel a service which also has to be in before the end of the month.

Anyway thanks for the tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The girlfriend's father is gonna get it for the month. Thanks for the tip.

Just as a matter of interest, how much does FilmFour typically cost a month? Cos they do show some great movies - as compared to the same repeated muck each night on Sky!

• Advertisement

I think it's €6 each month... maybe a little more... but about the cost of a magazine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think it's €6 each month... maybe a little more... but about the cost of a magazine..
    Cheers monkeyfudge.. that's what i thought it was! I can remember people saying it was good value.

He's thinking of ditching all the Sky Movies stations and just getting FilmFour.

They've some good films on in the next month too:

City Of God, Zoolander, Bowling For Columbine, Traffic, Fargo, Pitch Black etc.

Films in November (by date): http://www.channel4.com/film/listings/f4-listings-date.jsp

Films in December (by date): http://www.channel4.com/film/listings/f4-listings-date.jsp?offset=1&month=1

Actually I just checked the website and they are charging GB£7 a month for it... so maybe I am paying more...

Anyway I pay €62.50 each month for Sky Digital with all the movie channels and film four. No sky sports.

I believe €62.50 is also what you pay for all the movie channels with sky sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Worked for me. just got filmfour for a month. thanks for the tip.

It's normaly € 9 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

What do you need to give them - your account number??

just asked me my phone number then asked me to confirm address, and account holders name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Nice One :) Just Got It

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm assuming the catch is that after the 30 days you must continue to subscribe? If so, then by default you'll be subscribing for at least 2 months, as AFAIK, you give a months notice when unsubscribing? Or is this just if you're cancelling?

Anyone try this with a UK subscription?

Advertisement