Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What meal did you have last night?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Khalim wrote:
    last night - steamed rice w/ szechuan style tofu w/ beef, kangkung belacan
    and stir fried chicken with mixed vegetables ...and its all thanks to the internet for the recipes.... mmmm
    Thank you for the recipe website Khalim ! I love making different types of food!

I had a medium hot and spicy from Domino's pizza! Very hot! It was yummy! Only ate half of it so i'm having the rest from my lunch today mmmmmm pizzza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

dominos cajun chuck and peppers yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I missed dinner, only had a turkey sambo. :(

Oh and Domino's is the worst pizza in Ireland, how can you eat that crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Spagetti bolonaise =) Cant beat it! Could eat it everyday and not get sick of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

went a bit extravagant last night to apologise to the g/f for something that apparently upset her !

starter of scallops with a hazelnut and coriander butter dressing , followed by fillet of plaice roasted in greaseproof with white wine, some peppers, lemon, shallots and parsley served with roasted potato sticks (chips without the deep frying) and green beans.
    Desert of homemade bread and butter pudding with baileys ( ala Gordon Ramsay)

washed down with a nice Sauvignon Blanc ( and then another, though not as nice).

yummmy, took about 1 1/2 hours to prepare though .

• Advertisement

growler wrote:
    went a bit extravagant last night to apologise to the g/f for something that apparently upset her !

starter of scallops with a hazelnut and coriander butter dressing , followed by fillet of plaice roasted in greaseproof with white wine, some peppers, lemon, shallots and parsley served with roasted potato sticks (chips without the deep frying) and green beans.
    Desert of homemade bread and butter pudding with baileys ( ala Gordon Ramsay)

washed down with a nice Sauvignon Blanc ( and then another, though not as nice).

yummmy, took about 1 1/2 hours to prepare though .
    awww so romantic! Nothing more romantic than a home cooked meal ;) My man cooked me meal for valentines day what a clíche but it was gorgeous! ah bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Always in black

always in black is the best cook ever!!!! :D

always in black is the best cook ever!!!! :D
    Want to prove that LOL - you can post some food to me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Mushroom fritata. (fritata = Italian omelette).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

A very tasty Tuna Napolina+ Pasta+Cheese.
    I even licked the plate clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭accensi0n

For starters I had Duck Wrappings which was pretty much just a duck filled springroll cut into 4 pieces.

For maincourse I had an 8 oz. fillet steak and veg which included mashed potatoes, string beans and carrots, I also had fries.

For desert I had bailey's cheesecake with cream.

As you probably guessed, I ate out.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I had an absolutely manky meal tonight. I have this thing about cooking for one (my significant other is away with work) where I produce complete crap.

I cook really really well for four. Four is the perfect number.

For two it's so-so, for one it's pants.

I made an omlette with peppers, onions and mushrooms and the bastard thing just fell apart.

It was scrambled egg with vegetables.

Yeuch. I sicken myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I had chips an a burger from ballybricken takeaway twas nummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A vertible bounty of sausage rolls frm Dunnes. Fifteen of the blighters fresh out of the oven for just over 4 euros. Oh yes indeed.

I made potato curry (when Ireland meets India, strange things happen) last night - so much of it that I'l be eating it all week. Woot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

i had stir-fried chicken w/ dried chillies + tofu w/ beansprouts in light soy sauce.
    and rice. must always have rice. :D

A large bowl of penne pasta, with a pack of Knorr chicken noodle soup thrown in, with a dollop of chilli powder and soy sauce.

Gorgeous.

And yes, I'm very poor at the moment.

After the disaster of my meal last night, I made some hot chocolate. However, I added a spoon of cinnamon and a pinch of chilli powder. The result was pleasing- Warm, and with a nice little kick to the spiciness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Sarky wrote:
    After the disaster of my meal last night, I made some hot chocolate. However, I added a spoon of cinnamon and a pinch of chilli powder. The result was pleasing- Warm, and with a nice little kick to the spiciness.

And this was to make up for the night befores disaster? Go on admit it you're clearing out the back of your press :P

No, I wanted a spicy chocolate drink. And it worked.

Last night I had a delicious chicken stew (with extra spices. Yes, I like spices, don't judge me.), followed by a large bowl of semolina (with chunks of home made apple jelly mixed in). Divine.

• Advertisement

I will be making something with one courgette, two tomatoes, two eggs, bread, rice possibly tonight as that's all I have at home and couldn't be bothered going to the supermarkt - any recipe suggestions? (I'm thinking of just chucking the lot in a pan together).

Jesus, I hate courgettes.

Try beating the eggs, soaking slices of bread in them, frying that (I've done this before and it is extremely tasty), and serving with chopped veggi/tomato on top. You can add the rice too, if you're feeling posh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

Chapathis, dal, potato curry and a fenugreek chutney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Roast spuds, brussels sprouts and Quorn fillet. Hooray for Sundays!

Chapathis, dal, potato curry and a fenugreek chutney.
    Sounds yummy!
    do you have the recipe for what you made? I am big into that type of food!

Advertisement