Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Factory Golf Store?

• 24-11-2004 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

http://www.factorygolfstore.com (Irish custom made clubs)

These were mentioned in this forum before. Anyone ever used them or bought one of their clubs? Their web site is detailed and some of the clubs look tempting. BUT they are very cheap. Maybe I'm too cynical....

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

id be sceptical too! any set of golf clubs for that price cant be great!
    used to work in a golf shop and one of the sets on that site the Huge Hop DFT's ive seen people have problems with them.(grips coming loose, shafts breaking, shafts warping and heads coming loose) and they werent old either! i'd stay clear!!

go to a proshop and ask them about custom fitting best option IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Houllio

Yeah stay well clear of these. Every club they sell looks like Taylor Made, Calloway etc. If they are as good as they claim them to be, why do they have to copy these company's clubs? Can they not design their own? I'm always very sceptical about these things, because as you say, the quality is not there and they are very cheaply made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Well I know 3 people who have bought them and are very happy with them.
    The reason they copy well known brands is because they dont need to spend money on R&D thus making the clubs far cheaper.

Its not like they hide the fact that they copy their clubs, they are totally open about it.

There are hundrede of imatation clubs on the market, its a huge business, King Snake or BBPlus anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gillers67

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm an 18 handicapper (played for years). Qualified this year to play in Druids Glen through our society in work last month and it was great. Next year is the K-Club and I want to be there. 30+ points in the only two outings we have should do it. But I feel I need more distance off the tee - who doesn't?? :)

I've been looking and trying the Taylor Made 580 XD on a mate's recommendation and it seems a good club. Considering I'll be doing well to play about a dozen times next year, I don't want to spend 100's on a club. I'm just back from New York and I picked up a TM Rescue Mid which is beaut of a club - I have no 4 iron and my long game is poor.

Anyone else use the 580 or XD versions?

There's quite a few good options in eBay at the mo plus the likes of http://www.rockbottomgolf.com have some cracking prices even if the customs baddies got hold of it.

BTW, if you're ever in New York head over to http://www.worldofgolf.com
    Superb service and good prices. They even did a fake receipt for me for customs!

Andy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I got a King Cobra 440 SZ about 3 months ago and it has taken 8 shots off my handicap (18-10). Its my first "huge headed" driver as I used to play with an old Big Bertha imatation (BB Plus) which to be fair I did hit very well when I was on form. But its the forgiveness in the Cobra that has helped me lose the shots.
    It so much easier to make par from the centre of the fairway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cygnet

Hi,
    where did you get the brochure I'd be interested in getting one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Try www.tgw.com

Better prices than http://www.worldofgolf.com and huge selection

Advertisement