Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to delete account?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

boomdogman wrote:
    I want to delete my account of the boards.
    Want to do this because I'm sick of the pompous, ignorant starck "moderating" LGBT issues. Now that the silly little asshole has banned me as revenge for questioning this little poo-bah's banning of some one else I just want out.
    Boards are a great idea, fierce well implemented but "moderators" like this git are a problem.

So how to delete? Anyone know?

We will all remember this day, this thread and the sacrafice boomdogman made. Like a modern day Jesus, he will...

Screw that, I think I'll go with Bill Hicks' "OMG WE LOST ANOTHER MORON" approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

boomdogman wrote:
    Want to do this because I'm sick of the pompous, ignorant starck "moderating" LGBT issues. Now that the silly little asshole has banned me as revenge for questioning this little poo-bah's banning of some one else I just want out.
    Boards are a great idea, fierce well implemented but "moderators" like this git are a problem.

Take two bottles into the shower? Not me, I just piss and moan...

Get over yourself you drama queen. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Amz wrote:
    Asok's not from Galway.

Yea I just like throwing random accusations around.

billy the squid: LGB forum is no where near as strongly moderated as that. Stark is abite of mystery, appearing one day as moderator. It seems odd anyone would have a problem with the guy though. He's more of a gandalf or bonkey character in his moderation, then An Amp or a caster troy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

OMG oh noe boomdogman gave me negative rep
    I think I'll cry myself to sleep now

What a dunce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

me too *passes a kleenex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Well, this is interesting.

I always have a little chuckle at these "Delete my Account!" threads, as if someone wants to expunge their presence from these boards by having all their details, and presumably their posts deleted. It's a bit like having a conversation in a pub, then deciding to quit saying "forget this conversation, and forget I was ever here", while of course remaining to complain about the conversation.

Personally, I had no problem previous to this with boomdogman, and while the original post by Smidgy that sparked this whole episode was admittedly an attempt to troll, it did raise an interesting debate, which boomdogman attempted to follow up. He disagreed with the banning of Smidgy, fair enough, I feel it was a little harsh too - although I don't really care, and I take a laissez-faire approach to moderation (a nice term for laziness). Renaming the thread to "bitching" didn't really add anything either, especially since I don't think that it could reasonably be called bitching at all. All IMHO, of course.

Now, this is the part that confuses me. Instead of taking those relatively reasoned posts and applying them logically in this thread, boomdogman instead justifies the bitching title by launching one of the bitchiest attacks against Stark I have yet seen. Not a good start. Then you direct your vitriol towards gandalf, embee, in fact anyone who disagrees with you. I think gandalf summed it up pretty nicely with "I do not know Stark at all but I think he has made a very wise decision in banning you as your infantile rantings here have proven."

Infantile indeed. Bye then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Dum de dum. I go out for a few drinks and see a nice fuss has been kicked off.

I still have no regrets banning smidgy for what I consider a troll post (he's unbanned by the way, it was't a life long one). I still have no regrets asking Boomdogman not to start debating the merits of that ban in the original thread because I offered to discuss it in PM if he wanted and didn't want a thread dragged off topic that had reprecussions. I still stand by fellow mod Stark's decision to move the thread, and understand the irksome nature of it that got him to call it "bitching" (although renaming it was probably for the best in the end).

I was perfectly happy for boomdogman to post again on the forum as well, even if he seemed to think we were all antagnostic. I said as much in one of his other feedback threads. But if this is the sort of person who would be posting when his rattle falls out of the pram... I withdraw my offer. It's not the sort of debate I enjoy or, if not debate, then banter.

Anyone else is welcome. Despite what boomdogman implies we don't rule with an iron fist and decisions are often consulted on. Debate good, trolling bad. Friendly good, antagonistic bad. Charter read, obeyed - mods happy. Simple enuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

boomdogman wrote:

Please don't go. Boards just will not be the same without you. What can be done to change your mind. Is that the response you wanted ?

Now if only I meant that you'd have an ally. FFS stop being such a drama queen, if you dont want to be part of the community fair enough just don't post any more and it won't be too long until your a dim and distant memory.

Dont worry about your absence as more than likely you have already been replace by another moaning drama queen in todays intake of boards recruits.

And leave poor Gandalf alone .

BTW what do you think of Roy Keane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Boston wrote:
    Yea I just like throwing random accusations around.

billy the squid: LGB forum is no where near as strongly moderated as that. Stark is abite of mystery, appearing one day as moderator. It seems odd anyone would have a problem with the guy though. He's more of a gandalf or bonkey character in his moderation, then An Amp or a caster troy.

Thanks, that mystery can be explained by me having a different username before I became mod :)

As swiss said, the point about naming the thunderdome thread "bitching" was fair enough and I backed down on it. Devore then renamed the thread to "argument" on my behalf, since I don't have mod privileges in the Thunderdome. This thread has made for some interesting reading btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is there not a legal requirement to have a a delete account option for these sort of things?

Nearly sure there is. Yahoo was stung for it about 2 years ago..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i bet he still reads this thread!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

swiss wrote:
    Well, this is interesting.

I always have a little chuckle at these "Delete my Account!" threads, as if someone wants to expunge their presence from these boards by having all their details, and presumably their posts deleted. It's a bit like having a conversation in a pub, then deciding to quit saying "forget this conversation, and forget I was ever here", while of course remaining to complain about the conversation.

Personally, I had no problem previous to this with boomdogman, and while the original post by Smidgy that sparked this whole episode was admittedly an attempt to troll, it did raise an interesting debate, which boomdogman attempted to follow up. He disagreed with the banning of Smidgy, fair enough, I feel it was a little harsh too - although I don't really care, and I take a laissez-faire approach to moderation (a nice term for laziness). Renaming the thread to "bitching" didn't really add anything either, especially since I don't think that it could reasonably be called bitching at all. All IMHO, of course.

Now, this is the part that confuses me. Instead of taking those relatively reasoned posts and applying them logically in this thread, boomdogman instead justifies the bitching title by launching one of the bitchiest attacks against Stark I have yet seen. Not a good start. Then you direct your vitriol towards gandalf, embee, in fact anyone who disagrees with you. I think gandalf summed it up pretty nicely with "I do not know Stark at all but I think he has made a very wise decision in banning you as your infantile rantings here have proven."

Infantile indeed. Bye then.

That's all rather childish and arrogant of you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I bet he still reads this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well here's a blast from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Amz wrote:
    If you had all just ignored it he would have gone away quicker.

:rolleyes:

If only it were that simple :rolleyes:

(but you're still here...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Give me your password. I can delete your account for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Wow. Thread necrophilia. How pervy.

God dammit!

God damn you Chucky.

Goes to show that I don't really pay much attention when I read threads I guess.

Back to the grave with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Chucky wrote:
    That's all rather childish and arrogant of you.

postcount +1

oldposts.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Chucky, why did you PM me about deleting your account and then drag up this thread?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wow, I was halfway through this when I realised it was old.

Boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Must. Read. Dates.

Was on page two when I noticed. Someone delete Chucky's account, and lock this thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Guess I got stick in Bill Hicks mode and never switched off. Personally I think anyone who requests account deletion should be immediately sitebanned. That way the account can't be used so the user's happy and yet still can post in Prison if they change their mind.

It's a win win situation.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

amp wrote:
    Guess I got stick in Bill Hicks mode and never switched off. Personally I think anyone who requests account deletion should be immediately sitebanned. That way the account can't be used so the user's happy and yet still can post in Prison if they change their mind.

It's a win win situation.
    Back to the grave...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement