Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for 1.0L diesel van

Options
  • 25-11-2004 12:13am

hi i am looking for a diesel car van to start off with preferably a daihatsu charade etc?? was wondering would anyone know of any type for sale. i am living in south co. tipperary and preferably it would be ideal to find a car of this description in the south east.

here is some more particulars
    valuation below €500
    year around 1991 or 1992 upward
    good engine

it can be any CarVan by the way just so long as it is diesel and 1 litre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

check the insurance first as you maybe able to drive different van without any additional load on your premium which will be high anyway.

as per car try the usual buy and sell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Is there such a thing as a 1 litre diesel engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

As per his post there was daihatsu charade van with diesel and turbo diesel 993 cc but at this stage will be impossible to find. Ultra economical car :D we aretalking now about late 1980's

he should be looking at something bigger like Toyota corolla ,Peugeot 205 XRAD,fiesta van .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

My sisters boyf has one (Daihatsu Charade Diesel) that he is lookin to sell AFAIK....will get back 2 ya.

Just rang her and she said she'll be selling after xmas so if your interested PM me and I can get ya's in contact...ok

• Advertisement

well interested?

fletch wrote:
    well interested?

hi very sorry i didnt reply sooner. yes i would be interested. could you give me the specs asayc and i could get an insurance quote meantime from quinn or one of those crowds. is it a van by the way??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I never knew there was a 1.0L diesel Charade. You learn something new everyday :) As already mentioned the Charade is a rare car nowadays so you won't have much choice when it comes to picking out a car and any one that you do find could be on its last legs.

According to a car mag I've dug up, the Charade turbo diesel has a top speed of 85 mph, 0-60 takes 16.8 secs, fuel consumption is 78.5 mpg at constant 56 mph, 57.6 mpg urban :)

I don't know of any other 1.0L diesel cars. The next smallest diesel is probably the 1.4L diesel engine as fitted to the Citroen AX and Peugeot 106.

BrianD3

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A mate of mine had one years ago. It nearly went on the fumes alone! He could only get 65 tops though until it finally died! :)

Advertisement