Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an e-commerce solution urgently

Options
  • 25-11-2004 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Hey boardoids

What's the quickest way of adding online purchasing facility to an existing website? Need something by tomorrow afternoon.

If you can think of anything by then, PM me otherwise consider the thread closed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Zen Cart is a php ecommerce shopping program. Built on a foundation of oscommerce GPL code it will provide an easy to set-up and run online store. Developed by people who make a living from selling online and who understand what the merchant really needs

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zencart/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

I read about osCommerce a while ago - I' ve no idea if it's any good, but it's Open Source, so at least it won't cost you if you want to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Thanks peeps.

We'll keep those in our back pocket. As I say, time is against us so at this stage we're probably better off looking for someone to actually add this to the existing site as opposed to doing it ourselves. It's not an area I'm familiar with at the scripting level so I couldn't promise him anything myself.

Nevertheless, I'll look at both offerings in terms of providing something for him outside his current predicament.

Unless one of you wants to undertake the work yourself ...

Advertisement