Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2004 Football Allstars

• 25-11-2004 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭

Surprised no-one else posted them up yet.

Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry); Tom O'Sullivan (Kerry), Barry Owens (Fermanagh), Michael McCarthy (Kerry); Tomas O'Se (Kerry), James Nallen (Mayo), John Keane (Westmeath); Martin McGrath (Fermanagh), Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone); Paul Galvin (Kerry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo), Dessie Dolan (Westmeath); Colm Cooper (Kerry), Enda Muldoon (Derry), Matty Forde (Wexford).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Without Kerry Munster football would be dead in the water based on this team & the recent club c'ship semi finals. Maybe the balance of power has shifted but I think standards in cork especially have dwindled big time.

Great year for Mattie Forde btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Was hoping Stephen Cluxton would sneak one for the dubs, its a sad day with not a dub amongst the All Stars but probably fair enough. Also though at least one of the Mortimer brothers, probably Conor, would get an all star award too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

Yea, thought cluxton might make it but can't really complain, agree about the mortimers and mcdonnell but McDonald, Dolan, Gooch, Muldoon, Forde were all top class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

Is mattie forde wexfords first football all star?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

yes as far as i know Mattie is Wexfords first football allstar

Was disappointed to see Gary Connaughton not get an all star , but happy Dolan and Keane got their rewards for their efforts this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ya well done to Forde, well deserved.
    I actually thought McGarrity had a very efficent championship, been his first and he did come up against and deal with a good few big midfield players. But he is young and has a chance again.

Morts to be honest I am sure not if they deserved one, Trev possibly for some powerful displays but conor did not perform on the big stage, bottled it too many times.

Not sure about Cluxton lads, in fairness the dubs did nothing all year and personally I cannot remember Cluxton doing much of note, except in the Compromise rules! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 chippie

well done to Mattie Ford on his allstars award .People in wexford must feel same way as i did in 1971 when our great Mickey Kearins got his. Hope we see a lot more of Mattie.We got another in 1974 Barns Murphy and in 1975 Paddy Henry traveled with allstars instead of Ger Power So may be first of many for wexford

Advertisement