Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90cm UV red rounded IDE cables (need help)

Options
  • 25-11-2004 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

I am look for a 90cm UV red rounded IDE cables. I'd looked all over the internet and it just comes up with 45cm. does anyone know where I can get a set?.

any links well do thanks.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I think Peats on Parnell st. in Dublin have 90cm rounded IDE cables as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anything above 45cm exceeds the ATA specifications - an ATA (IDE) cable longer than that (45cm/18ins) could suffer from signal attenuation, potentially causing data errors, especially on modern high-speed (ATA-100 and 133) drives. Which is probably why you can't find any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Sico wrote:
    Anything above 45cm exceeds the ATA specifications - an ATA (IDE) cable longer than that (45cm/18ins) could suffer from signal attenuation, potentially causing data errors, especially on modern high-speed (ATA-100 and 133) drives. Which is probably why you can't find any.

...except maybe in Maplin in Galway (and probably every other Maplin), sold under the Akasa brand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Peats should ave em, i got a 90cm blue uv one there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

just been in maplin, galway the only thing i can find close is a red rounded 90cm.

• Advertisement

Just be aware you're taking your data integrity into your own hands using non-standard ATA cables. Make sure you have important data (pr0n) backed up :eek:

I am going for the Akasa Rounded Ultra ATA133/100/66 IDE Cable (0.9m) - Copper Braided

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_IDE_151.html

are they standard-ATA cables?.

As above, they're non-standard ATA cables, but the metal braiding will help eliminate outside interference, so they should be grand.

do I need IDE cable with ATA? I thought ATA where used for Different types of hard-drive?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

if peats dont have them "they do have sharkoon brand" but if they are out of stock try here i think if your in dublin ...they have them aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement