Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using ADSL router with NTL Cable?

• 25-11-2004 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi, currently using ADSL, and just purchased 3com adsl router,firewall,switch,wifi ap all in one, wondering can I use this router with Cable BB (NTL modems all have rj45 socket?) and still use firewall or whether I'd be better to go for a new router (modemless)?

As I said I have ADSL (UTV) but also can get NTL (1.5Mbit for an extra fiver over Clicksilver plus), any disadvantages to swapping?

thanks
    FU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

If the router has a WAN port to plug the cable modem into, then yes. If it only has a connection for a telephone line, you're out of luck. Plugging it into one of the 4 network ports for your home network won't work.

Advertisement