Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Insurance...

Options
  • 25-11-2004 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

OK heres my story...
    I have a 3 door car. Im thinking of removing the rear seats for xxxx reason (project for more space). So there'll only be 2 seats in the car, hence seating for only 2 people.

Would I be able to qualify for commercial insurance? How would this affect my insurance from a $$$ point of view?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

not that long ago the rule was that rear side windows will have to be blocked and tax office notified as you will fall into different road tax table.
    not sure what happened to DOE test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

commerical insurance is more expensive that SDP insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Well what do ya call that cheaper form of insurance then? :p

If I removed the rear seats and blocked out the rear windows, would my insurance premium drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

wouldn't think it will drop, best is to ring broker and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

JohnCleary wrote:
    Well what do ya call that cheaper form of insurance then? :p

If I removed the rear seats and blocked out the rear windows, would my insurance premium drop?

No, cover for commerical type vechiles is higher, it assumes that you are a heavier road user other than the social, domestic, pleasure type driver (that vast majority of us) who only use our cars to driver to work, shops etc.

I have been told that what you plan to do is more expensive as people have in the past carried passangers in the back and its led to higher claims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i've heard that because its a comercial vehicle and can only carry 2 people including the driver then the premium should drop..

surely if the driver had a couple of people in the back then they wouldn't be covered in the first place as they shouldn't be there??

plus someone posted on hear a while back who had a commercial vehicle, he/she was 20 i think and their insurance was only 2k.. can't remember who it was tho..

Advertisement