Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrial metal

Options
  • 13-11-2000 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Thats the really heavy stuff right?
    Whos the best then?
    I hear its as heavy as heavy gets
    very interesting
    /me thinks about that for a while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Nine inch nails are good,
    they did the quake 1 soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ministry are one of the best.
    One of the first too.
    Their first few albums were poncy New Romantic rubbish but then Paul Barker joined and Al Jourgensen discovered heroin (Dunno how related that is)
    They also did a song on the Matrix Soundtrack, which was one of their worst.
    Best Albums:
    Land Of Rape and Honey
    The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste
    Psalm 69
    FilthPig

On one album they took samples from Full Metal Jacket and on New World Order thats on Psalm 69 they sampled George Bush Snr.
    Kinda strange moshing to George while hes saying "A New World Order"

The guys from Ministry are in loadsa other bands too such as: Revolting ****s and Lard. Al also did some work with Trent Reznor and they brought a song called Supernaut which is a Sabbath cover.

On some of their remixes they've sampled William Burroughs to amazing effect.

If you want heavier again look up Nailbomb. They only brought out one studio album and one live album. Both were very good.

My little tribute to Ministry is over now. I'll go back to listening to some Orbital.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

wouldca consider some of PitchShifters stuff industrial metal hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

not really industrial, but try mr bungo.
    good stuff. mike patton of faith no more fame.
    very old, dont know if its still availble, but good all the same.
    and for all round bang your head against a wall get suicidal tendencies eponimous first album. hardcore. great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

nine inch nails,
    pig,
    skinny puppy,
    KMFDM,
    MDFMK,

and if MAXpayne gets a hold of this post..
    there will be millions more! smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I just read my last post.
    That deleted bit should be Revolting c0cks, stupid cens*rship thing. Revco do a superb rendition of Do you think I'm sexy ? They also have the late great Timothy Leary on a track.
    Ministy have a website www.darkspoon.com. Nice entrance. Marketing crap in it really.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MAXpayne

Ok, peer pressure from Chief...said i better post a reply:)

Any fans of industrial metal would have to be into Die Krupps and Frontline Assembly.

Die Krupps last few albums are great examples of industrial metal:
    I
    II: The final option
    III: The odyssey of the mind
    Paradise now
    Die Krupps: A tribute to Metallica (industial Metallica covers)

Die Krupps have split and frontman Jurgen Engler has formed a new group called DK.com, basically still the same group, in a similar move to KMFDM reforming as MDFMK.

Frontline Assembly are without doubt my all-time favourite industrial group. While only their last few albums have really started using crunching riffs they have been using guitars for a while now. Seeing as this post is geared to industrial metal I'll name their most guitar fused albums in order of heaviness:

Millenium (features a lot of Pantera riffs)
    Hard Wired
    Implode

Gonna name a few random industrial metal albums here, all worth checking out, some really hard to find underground ones, some more commercial:

Filter - Title of record
    Filter - Short bus
    Chatterbox - Chatterbox (really heavy underground stuff on Rex Music, small label)
    Circle of dust - Brainchild
    Circle of dust - Circle of dust
    Nefilim - Zoon (the new band of Carl McCoy, former frontman of goth group The fields of the Nephilim, very heavy industrial metal)
    The young gods - TV Sky
    V.A.S.T. - V.A.S.T.
    Oomph! - Defekt
    Prong - Rude awakening
    Prong - Cleansing (loads of older Prong stuff is bordering on industrial metal but maybe shifting more in favour of full-on metal, but if you can find it get their Snap your fingers, break your back E.P., which is a classic crossover hardcore/metal/industrial/techno remix E.P., extremely hard to find even online but truly class stuff)

White Zombie - Astro creep 2000
    Rob Zombie - Hellbilly deluxe
    Misery loves Co. - Misery loves Co. (class album, their first and heavy as a brick to the head)
    Red Harvest - Cold dark matter (this is nasty stuff)
    Second Skin - Suture
    Misery loves Co. - Not like them
    Stabbing Westward - Ungod
    Stabbing Westward - Wither, blister, burn and peel
    Killing Joke - Millenium
    Wumpscut - Embryodead
    Rammstein - Sehnsucht

Other groups who have some very industrial metal songs (but not all 100% industrial metal) and who I only have a few tracks by, be they mp3 or on compilations, but all pretty cool groups i like a lot and you would too:

Apoptygma Berzerk
    Cubanate
    Funker Vogt
    Hanzel und Gretyl
    Velvet Acid Christ
    Haujobb
    Laibach
    Sonic Mayhem (they did some q3 arena tunes)
    Chemlab
    Kevorkian death cycle
    Project pitchfork

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Didn't I warn ye's.. JAYSUS MAX m8 that be a big industrial post there san!

NOICE :O)

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Supreme ignorance here - aren't thrash metal and death metal the "heaviest"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

that tune supernaut, didnt 1000 homo dj's do a remix of that or am I mistaken..

also Ministry's Land Of Rape and Honey is a smashing album, give it a listen if you havent already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement