Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Couldn't believe my eyes!

Options
  • 25-11-2004 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

On the way to work this morning coming through Cork. At most of the junctions near Anglesea St cop shop there are Gurads posted every morning. Cork boardies will know that these tools stand at the side of the road looking the other way while people break lights, stop on yellow boxes, run people over etc. Not this morning! As lights turned green going straight on from the bridge onto Albert Rd (I think!), some langer in a van comes rocketing through the red on the quay (this kinda thing happens every morning). Well I couldn't believe my eyes! The Guard storms out onto the road (langer was of course stopped on a yellow box as well) and pulls him over to the side. Just as I started moving, the van started going again. Damn, says me, he just got a finger shook at him. Nope, the Guard pulled him into an entrance, out with the book, and starts taking details!
    Thought people might be interested in light of the recent red light thread. If only this would happen every day, traffic may actually start moving.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I guess there is a first time for everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

damn that white van man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Where I am the cops hide themselves around the corners of the x-road traffic light & lie in wait for victims...only about 6hours from Cork though!

Advertisement