Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games For Christmas

Options
  • 25-11-2004 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

So what games is everyone hoping to buy/receive as pressie (Id prefer the latter) for Chrimbo. Just got Half Life 2 yesterday. This and Doom 3 were the 2 big games I was looking forward to on pc this year. Have them now. Think I will have to look at my consoles for games this christmas. Metroid Prime 2 and Halo 2...hmmmnnn :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Metroid , mario

that about it

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maybe Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Or Tales of Symphonia.
    Though I could see my mother mistakenly buying me a PS2 game despite me owning GC and GBA SP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (92% from PC Extreme - looks great) or Football Manager 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year door is great... I got that and GTA: San Andreas last weekend, and have barely touched San Andreas. I'd much rather watch Princess Peach in a provocative shower scene than murder prostitutes any day...

Games I'm looking forward to are Prince of Persia 2, which I already have ordered.

But giftwise I might look for Tales of Symphonia, as I'll have time over the christmas to actually play it.

I'm looking forward to Budokai 3 too... I love the Budokai games...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Games I'm looking forward to are Prince of Persia 2, which I already have ordered.

You do mean Prince of Persia 5 don't you? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I would be going for Metal Gear Solid 3, but that's not out til March or something like that, so I'm rightly stumped. Halflife 2 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

getting metroid prime 2 tomorrow as an early crimbo pressie for myself (first time i've ever bought a game on release day :p )

i'm hoping that somebody has the taste to spot Ikaruga on my amazon wishlist and get it for me...
    failing that; Half-Life 2, POP: Warrior Within or Paper Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Gettin Metroid prime 2 as a pressie of the missus and most probsably ill pick up paper mario with some spare chrimbo cash.

the new mortal combat looks alright aswell and you cant really beat an online game of that so most probably them three or at least two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

gettin an ealry copy of Zelda! I wish!

nah i dont think ill be gettinn games as presents cause I can just get em cheaper in work cause otherwise it would be my family wastin money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Stalker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stalker
    i take it you celebrate crimbo 4 months later than everybody else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I usually have most of the games bought before its chrimbo :)

Really looking forward to PoP: Warrior within. Sands of time was one of the best games of last year.

There are still a few nintendo games I haven't picked up yet. Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Zelda: Minish Cap will be in my stocking if I don't buy them beforehand. And hopefully I'll get Tales of Symphonia after 4 months from DVDboxoffice (they actually replied to my email :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Edge gave PoP:WW 7/10, and the review was slightly negative. I'll still buy it, hoping my love for Sands of Time will bias me slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm very cautious of buying the new POP, the combat from the first one really let the game down.

Advertisement