Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ClientLogic

• 25-11-2004 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have an interview with this crowd tomorrow for their btow tech support, and it seem from searching through old threads(over a year old) that a job cleaning up the decomposed remains of suicide victims would be more plesant than working in this place. Can anyone say that things have improved or am I wasting my time?

Any tips on the interview much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Can't say whether things have improved because I have moved on. The point is, I did move on. Think I enjoyed the place more then most but it boils down to how badly you are for work experience to put on your CV. It's not a career move but there is worse out there (isn't there?).

Type of person they're looking for - Flexibility, they can throw some obscure shifts at you. Someone they'll feel happy throwing on the phone, communication skills / listening skills. General IT knowledge and happy to be trained etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

The pay for the btow positions is shockingly low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

penexpers wrote:
    The pay for the btow positions is shockingly low.
    True, especially if you have any decent qualifications but it's also a matter of perspective. Does it compare favourably to what you are currently on ro_chez?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Are you going through a recuitment agency based in North Dublin?

It so, dont touch them with a bargepole.. he's a complete scam artist.

Did some work for clientlogic on the BTOW line on a part time basis for
    some extra cash. Told this guy what hours I could work, he said no problem,
    he'd inform client logic and that it would be all sorted.

First week of hours, I couldnt do half the shifts as I wasnt able to, no where
    near the hours I said I was available to work. Asked the guy in the recruitment agency about it, turned around and claimed I never said a thing.

When I produced a confirmation email about telling him about it, including his
    reply, he again tried to lie his way out of it.

Like I said, a complete scam artist and a complete idiot.

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Well I'm finishing a N+ course in FAS at the moment, so its my first step into the whole IT shiznit

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Are you going through a recuitment agency based in North Dublin?

It so, dont touch them with a bargepole.. he's a complete scam artist.

Did some work for clientlogic on the BTOW line on a part time basis for
    some extra cash. Told this guy what hours I could work, he said no problem,
    he'd inform client logic and that it would be all sorted.

First week of hours, I couldnt do half the shifts as I wasnt able to, no where
    near the hours I said I was available to work. Asked the guy in the recruitment agency about it, turned around and claimed I never said a thing.

When I produced a confirmation email about telling him about it, including his
    reply, he again tried to lie his way out of it.

Like I said, a complete scam artist and a complete idiot.

Tox

No, I dealt with them directly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

As paddy said, the recruitment guy they used to use was shockingly bad, I'm not sure if they're still using him though.

Interview wise, as long as you're able to talk and have some sort of IT cop on you'll be fine.

I dealt with him during the summer and he's a total scam artist as noted above. Avoid like the plague.

EDIT: (at the request of WWM)

Before the summer, I went for an interview for a techincal support position. The interview went well and the interviewers seemed well impressed with me. So after the interview, the recruitment agent says it'll be a week or so until I find out. I rang after a week and the recruitment agent told me the job had gone "on hold" and to keep checking back. So after five weeks of keeping me on old, the recruitment agent finally tells me the position isn't going to be filled at all. The funniest thing about this was the position was still being advertised on multiple job sites. So armed with this information, I called the recruitment agent back asking the real reason why I wasn't given the position. He was still insisting that the position wasn't going to be filled. After another couple of e-mails, he finally admitted the real reason why I didn't get the job - CL thought I wasn't up to it basically.

It's not the fact that I didn't get the job, but the fact that he lied to me for a number of weeks was the thing that annoyed me the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

come come now folks.

you know i am the winner of many 'mr un-nice of the universe' awards, but if you are going to post up un-nice things about people or companies, please post up what it is they have done to be so deserving of your disdain.

and 'he wouldnt give me a job' is not reason enough.
    and 'he doesnt have a clue about anything' is not really a reason either.

so please either put up, or edit your posts you naughty kids...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FOR SALE

I agree with WWM. Fair play.

I got a job with CL about 3 months ago. I went direct as ro_chez has. I spoke to one of the recruitment people there (a guy) not going to name names and I have to say that he was spot on in everything he said. there were no grey areas and he was very quick and efficent. I knew within 4 hours of the interview if I got the job. After starting with CL, for someone as myself who is fresh to the IT world it's a great starting point. I've gained lots of experience about stuff in the industry from both the job and the people I have to work with. It's a very busy job but they are working very hard at the moment to make it a better place to work. so I'd say go for it ro_chez. If you want to know more about it ro_chez PM me.

• Advertisement

The guys in CL were dead on yeah. The recruitment agent however was not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I was also in CL over the summer. I thought the work was grand and the people were very nice. There were plenty of things I could fault them on (a lot of the equipment needed to be upgraded etc...) but otherwise it was ok. And for what it's worth I found the recruitment guy to be ok.

tips on the interview:
    They test you brielfy, on very simple tech related things... multiple choice type things like what is a PCI slot - really to just filter out people with poor general knowledge of computers.

The spoken interview is very straightforward, there might be one or two tricky questions but otherwise it's just a case on being straightforward, emphasize reasons why you're experienced and suitable, make sure you have a reference from your last job(and any written references) and no holes in your cv that can't be explained.

You're likely to get a few questions relating to your communication skills - as the job is very much communicating with people who know **** all about what they're doing.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

My flatmate worked for them for a few months about 2 years ago, was the agency he went through. It is a one man agency, and he is a piss artist. The money is an absolute joke, and he does promise to work around you as regards shifts but in reality has no control over it at all. We live in Drogheda and the last bus back was at 11pm and my flatmate told him this and was told 'no problem!', of course first shifts he was given ended at 11.30pm!
    This guy is only interested in his commission he gets when he places people in Client Logic, and the fact you only ever see him advertising these broadband support jobs is testament to how highly regarded he must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Worked for them moving from Gateway.. my experience cant be used though as we GW transferrs took the piss and got paid twice as much as everyone else there.. i think techs were paid as much as team leaders (more maybe) on other accounts like BT... BT sucks.. but since its your first IT job then go for it.. there is a pool table in the canteen.. great fun!!

Yay, I got the job (dunno if this is a good or bad thing!!),
    Anyway thanks for the replies people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Congrats :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

...but if you are going to post up un-nice things about people or companies, please post up what it is they have done to be so deserving of your disdain.

ok fair is fair..

This guy made various different promises to different people who went
    for the positions. Those who were thought to be technical enough were then
    asked to do a tech assessement. Before I did this, I informed him that I could
    only work evenings and weekends. His reply, no problem.

So anyway, got the job and all was fine.

Got my first shift, Monday morning, 11am start.. emm helloooo???

Called him and he said he would sort it out.

Next call back from him, no worries, Ive got them to start you at 3pm..
    emm hello? I said evenings, specifically after 6.30pm..
    His reply was oh ok, Ill sort it..

This went on for about 3 weeks. In the end I just bypassed him and rang CL
    direct and they sorted it.. In fairness The person I dealt with on the phone
    was very nice, knew their stuff and informed me that this guy never
    mentioned this fact to anyone in CL and it seemed to be a common practice
    with him and they were getting fed up of it.

It turns out that 4 other people in the same group as me for the interviews
    had the same thing happen. He makes a load of promises and in the end he
    does nothing.

Like I said, complete a$$h*le..

Tox

ro_chez wrote:
    Yay, I got the job (dunno if this is a good or bad thing!!),
    Anyway thanks for the replies people :)

Congrats mate. Its not a bad place to work alright, once ya get a decent
    PC to work on its fine.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FOR SALE

Congrats!

who interviewed you?
    Did you start today? what you think so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

I worked for a summer in ClientLogic. Had an issue about the shifts and spoke to the recruitment company about it. He said he had no control over the shifts but he had given the times people could work to the account manager and that i should contact her. he also said that failing this, I could check my employee file where it was also noted. I went to the account manager and she checked it out and apologised as they had made a mistake. i got the shifts i wanted no problem.

I enjoyed my time there as well. Good experience and sure beat working in a factory for 3 months. I think you get out of it what you want to. For me it was good and would recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Big Brother

Guys Guys Guys......

First of all, you have stated things on here as fact, when in truth, you probably have only heard one side of the story. My advice would be to gather ALL the facts before shooting your mouths off. I also find it strange that 2 posts are based on hearsay. "My flatmate" & " a guy I knew". Very dangerous to take secondhand information and use it as a tool to defame an individual and a company. There are such laws as Libel you know!!!

Let's hope they never get to see these comments or it could prove to be a very expensive lesson for you all. Court cases and all that stuff can be very expensive, time consuming and a general worry.

Always remember.... Big Brother is always watching you.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Worked there for 5 months, awful pay, rediculously strict just horrible place to work.

They or BT kept changing the rules, changing goals, changing the opening greeting, adding in bits to say here n there etc. it was so flustrating, unbelievable stress for that little money, initially we were told we'd be retrained after 3 months, then it was 4, 5, 6... just not worth it.

Needless to say I've moved on, to another company doing the same job better pay and conditions, the staff are great and its a really relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Well i don't think it's as bad as people say. Clientlogic itself is a nice place to work in. I've been here over 2 years and the people are really nice.
    The client (BT for example) changes the rules and requirements every now and again and CL can't really help that. I've gotten a lot of experience here and would recommend it if even for experience. As you know, most companies require 3-6 months call centre experience. Why not get some?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Why moan about the salary?? I knew what it was before I joined. In fact i was told at least 5 times what it would be and it was also stated in the contract I signed. Granted, it was low and I would have liked more, but it's not as if it was a surprise to me.....or anyone else

No point is agreeing to the money then complaining afterwards. Actually, I've heard that it has increased and is now more or less level with another well known ISP in Dublin.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Guys Guys Guys......

First of all, you have stated things on here as fact, when in truth, you probably have only heard one side of the story. My advice would be to gather ALL the facts before shooting your mouths off. I also find it strange that 2 posts are based on hearsay. "My flatmate" & " a guy I knew". Very dangerous to take secondhand information and use it as a tool to defame an individual and a company. There are such laws as Libel you know!!!

Let's hope they never get to see these comments or it could prove to be a very expensive lesson for you all. Court cases and all that stuff can be very expensive, time consuming and a general worry.

Always remember the Admins are watching too. We really dislike people pretending to be someone they arent.

We particularly dislike people pretending NOT to be someone they are...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Columbo wrote:
    Why moan about the salary?? I knew what it was before I joined. In fact i was told at least 5 times what it would be and it was also stated in the contract I signed. Granted, it was low and I would have liked more, but it's not as if it was a surprise to me.....or anyone else

No point is agreeing to the money then complaining afterwards. Actually, I've heard that it has increased and is now more or less level with another well known ISP in Dublin.
    That 'other' isp pays 2000 more a year and you can earn commission, plus they don't leer at you if you leave your seat for 2 mins to take a piss... :P

But yes I agree Client logic was good experience and lead me to my current employment without need for interview :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm quaking in my boots :-/

Anyhoo, from what I know, Clientlogic is a good place to work for, it's the recruitment company who are f*cking people over.

And they are still offering a paltry €17776 a year for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Er, if I told you a million times I told you a billion times eth0, It's the worst place in the world to work........ It is soul-destroying.... 9 months I managed it, or maybe 7, but it still seemed like 5 eternities..... If you don't help the customers and just fob them off with bull**** you'll love the job and get through the day with no hassle whatsoever, if you're a decent fool and you spend your time trying to help the customer you will undoubtedly burst some veins in your neck with stress. Now that's inherent in the job which is fair enough, but the managers are complete dicks and it is one of the strictest places ever for work....... Again it depends on the contract (some people had it easy) but overall they are a bunch of bum-bashing bolloxes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

ro_chez wrote:
    a job cleaning up the decomposed remains of suicide victims would be more plesant than working in this place.

That is right on the money in my book...... You'd have much more fun doing that job. :D

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread has run its course and is over.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement