Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg to develop interactive tarrif guide

Options
  • 25-11-2004 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

At last they are going to try and do something constructive about price transparency.

Info about their plans and the invitation to tender are available
    here

They are seeking tenders by Xmas but I'm not sure how soon the whole thing will be expected to go live.

There is little evidence they have consulted with consumers or their representatives in specifying the tenders. The system outlined is very deterministic in what it assumes consumers will want to do. Potential tenderers are not pointed to any research undertaken by ComReg about what price information consumers might actually seek. (Why do I doubt this data exists?)

I hope they will ask tenderers to organse focus groups of consumers to establish what sort of answers are they trying to get by using a tool like this.

For example - the specification seems to assume that mobile and fixed line services are different products, though in reality many consumers see them as alternatives warranting comparison.
    Another example - mobile pricing information does not seem to stretch as far as far as roaming voice and text costs in different foreign jurdistictions though this is becoming a major cost trap for many consumers....

Just two quick examples but the point is - don't spend loads of cash folks before you establish what it is that will actually be useful to consumers.

Advertisement