Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed re a side gate

Options
  • 25-11-2004 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

The mams side gate finally gave up the ghost so I got a cheap white deal one from Atlantic(basicly T+G floorboards put together). In the past I have painted/varnished them but water always managed to get under and bulge the door. So Iwas wondering if you dont treat the door and make sure the bottom is not touching the ground will the water not come and go(as in evaporate?). I know I could treat it with something like wood fence preservative but beside stainning it will it make a difference?. Anyone know what wood fence panels are made of as I never treated mine and bar the change in colour they are in the same cond't as when I put them up 4yrs ago

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Just wondering i need to get a side gate and any of the ones i saw where expensive how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Hi Furp
    IF I remember correctly it was €58 in Atlantic/€67 in woodies,32" wide/80" high.
    Cubix

Advertisement