Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie's 5th Birthday

Options
  • 25-11-2004 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭

As we approach 2005 and the fifth birthday of [wiki]boards.ie[/wiki] in it's current incarnation, what do people think about organising a special [wiki]beers[/wiki] to commemorate the date?

I don't know the exact date that the boards became [wiki]boards.ie[/wiki] but surely it's worth celebrating?

(Apologies if this should have been in the events forum, I wasn't sure which was more apt so I took a guess)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Think it started as quake.ie before what it is now. Some one who is here longer than me can prob fill you in on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just click your own Wiki link.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, twas the [wiki]Wiki[/wiki] link that gave me the idea, the boards went live as [wiki]boards.ie[/wiki] in 2000 which would make it 5 sometime in 2005...

I know it came from the cloud and quake boards initially, I just think 5 years as [wiki]boards.ie[/wiki] is worth celebrating. :)

Advertisement