Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Tiernan

• 25-11-2004 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Anyone goin to Vicar St tonight??? i'm watchin his new DVD now and he's such a funny bastard!!!

whats vicar street like anyway i haven't ben before.. i'm on the second level? is it spacious at all?

Can't Wait!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Going on the 10th Dec.. can't wait! Vicar St. is a great venue for this kind of thing.. really intimate.. second level is good.. was up there for an Angie Stone gig..
    was downstairs for Des Bishop couple of weeks back.. great show!

there's a little ledge for drinks so it's really handy.. plenty of leg room as far as I can remember!!
    pints aren't too expensive either I thought for a venue.. €4.50

enjoy the nite.. should be great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was at him last February for the Crack'd show - front row, right in front of him :)...

newband, do me a favour... let me know what the show is like after? I've made requests on Boards a couple of times asking is his new show any good and no-one's replied..

He played Sligo last September for two nights.. i assumed it was the Crack'd tour that i'd already seen once or twice so i said i'd pass. It was only the day before the first night that they started advertising it as the new tour, 'Loose'

Rang up the ticket office.. it was sold out!

Got 2 tickets to Green Day on 31st January in The Point.. was hoping i'd go see it in Vicar Street while i was i'll be up. But he's on a brief break at the end of January and doesn't resume the show in Vicar Street til around February 4th. Will get tickets for it eventually though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Personally I wasn't mad about cracked, I thought he had done better stuff before and that he was trying to hard to have a theme running through it.

Have seen the new show and thought it was great and would recommend it highly.

Personally I wasn't mad about cracked, I thought he had done better stuff before and that he was trying to hard to have a theme running through it.

I actually really enjoyed Crack'd... the religious stuff in it was great!... though i don't think the viewers of RTE's 'Late Late Show' were too impressed with it!

Thanks for the recommedation for the new show... will probably go see it in the New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Went to see him last night. To be honest it was....ok. some funny bits and a lot of jumping around the stage. It was an entertaining night, but nothing to write home about. There were a good few cracks about Hector, and one or two about the Late Late, which got the biggest laugh/ applause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

seen the cracked show earlier in the year and seen the new show last friday... it was really good.

Its definitely worth going to see... Enjoy the show!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

does anyone suport, anyone have any idea who? and does anyone have any idea how long it goes on for? when will i be expected to leave?
    newband, do me a favour... let me know what the show is like after? I've made requests on Boards a couple of times asking is his new show any good and no-one's replied

no problem

newband wrote:
    does anyone suport, anyone have any idea who?
    Well - you've probably outta the show by now but i assume it's the manager Gerry who's supporting.. he normally supports him on his shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Yeah, i thought the dvd was a waste of money to be honest.

well i'm home now... i have to say your man Gerry was excellent!!!

Tommy came on and absolutely blew everyone away with his knacker jokes.. but as the show went on he repeated quite a few jokes from his dvd's.. but overall it was an excellent show!!!

worth the money

• Advertisement

thanks newband.. sound! I haven't seen the dvd's yet so maybe I'll wait till after I see him in Dec! Keep my mind clear :D

yeah don't get the dvd's... i can remember when i heard the jokes for the first time.. nearly wet meself:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Gerry's not his manager, more like his drinking buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The man is mental and should be locked up. funny **** though!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Saw him there a month ago in Galway. Funny bastard tbh. Some bits drag a bit but well worth seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Im goin to the Vicar street show on the december 2nd!Cant wait!he is very funny! Goin with a group from work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

all i can say is
    *puts on aussie accent* :D " i like luke " :D

the knackers at the start is GREAT!!!!

''mammy get me boots mammy'' :D

God i cant wait now!

Gonna be a laugh!

Roll on tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I'll be headin on 10th December. was at his tour last year at vicar Street, right down the back, but this year I'm gonna be fairly nervous as I'm sitting up near the front. At least years show your man Gerry ripped the p*ss out of the people on the first 3 rows.
    I won't be the person wearin any noticeable shirts that night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bogger77 wrote:
    Gerry's not his manager, more like his drinking buddy!
    Gerry Mallon's been some form of comedy kingpin in Galway for years now, although in the same period his jokes haven't changed. He still manages to attract some good comedy acts to Galway.

the knackers joke was on his live dvd bith supprised he used it twice by the way everybody
    i dont want to be known by my boards name anymore i want to be known by me sham name hachets!

I have his live dvd and no nearly all the words off by heart(very sad no life! :cool: ) ask me anything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Saw him last thursday was well pissed off,he was so boring just going through the motions,loads of people were going for a piss during his performance,enjoyed his dvd etc but dont want to see him live again,waste of money.

the knackers joke was on his live dvd bith supprised he used it twice by the way everybody
    i dont want to be known by my boards name anymore i want to be known by me sham name hachets!

I have his live dvd and no nearly all the words off by heart(very sad no life! :cool: ) ask me anything!!

''mammy get me boots ammy'' isn't on his dvd's :D ya don't know them that well ;)

not on the live dvd!
    havent got the chance to c him live went to but tickets soooooo many times but always sold out!!
    havent a chance to see all of the cracked dvd hoping to get it for chrimbo have dropped enuff hints anyway!!!

cracked is a live dvd

yeah but his actual Tommy Tiernan Live dvd where he talks about the donkey, jazz ete the clips are on the website

http://www.tommytiernan.com/

Thats the one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Robbo wrote:
    Gerry Mallon's been some form of comedy kingpin in Galway for years now, although in the same period his jokes haven't changed. He still manages to attract some good comedy acts to Galway.
    i.e. he's sh:te, you just haven't seen enough of him to realise it. The man has made a career out of drinking Buckfast on stage and booking acts. Nice work if you can get it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've been wetting myself in the comfort of my own home for far too long!

• Advertisement

I've been wetting myself in the comfort of my own home for far too long!
    lets not admit that here try the personal problems thread!!!!!! :D

went tonite...
    woooo hooo absolutely fantastic!!!! brilliant nite had by all the gang that went.. crying laughing.. he's a natual up on stage.

loved every minute of it!!!
    definitely recommend going! :D

Cork_girl wrote:
    went tonite...
    woooo hooo absolutely fantastic!!!! brilliant nite had by all the gang that went.. crying laughing.. he's a natual up on stage.

loved every minute of it!!!
    definitely recommend going! :D

Have to agree!he was brilliant!his support act was good aswell!

I dont think there was any stage(bar going out for a smoke) thats i wasnt laughing even just a little!

Comical! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've seen Tommy about 5 times in the last 2 years, and can't get enough of him. Definitely one of the best comedians in the country.

Gerry Mallon has been telling the same gags for the last 3 years (he likes the smell of cocaine, brewerys in dundalk training rats to piss into bottles and call it harp etc. etc.)

I'd love to get my hands on some of Tommy's early stuff (the disco sketch, and the latin class sketch in particular)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've got the latin class sketch on video alright, tis great to put on after a night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

went to see him on the 2nd of december and also saw him last march or april (cant remember which) both times were excellent.

the support this time around isnt Gerry though, its David O'Doherty.....at least it was on the night i went. saw him play in college last year and he's class.

:D

• Advertisement

i feel so left out have the inability to get tickets due to constant lack of money and when i do have money theres no gigs arrragh *sobs* :(

does anyone know of is plans for the new year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

The show was disappointing.
    I'm waiting for his mental breakdown to be announced.

Advertisement